Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New MorphOS Website: MorphZone  (Read 4920 times)

Description:

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: New MorphOS Website: MorphZone
« Reply #44 from previous page: February 24, 2003, 09:21:17 PM »
Amiga companies are to blame not emulators.

Emulators filled the gap where people like myself needed the speed when promises of new hardware was just bullshit for years and years but hey lets not blame good old wonderful Amiga companies lets blame emulators and their users.

Uae developers and Bernie Meyer filled the gap very nicely with excellent products but get treated like dirt because some members of the Amiga community would rather people stick with old hardware than let people move on and use AmigaOS on the hardware they choose.

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Re: MorphZone looking GOOD! :-D
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2003, 10:02:23 PM »
@Mountain_Myst -- You would have more peace if you just thought about what you had to say before you posted

On the contrary...
While I cannot say that I don't like you as a person, because I don't know you, I can say that I don't like you as a buisnessman.

I thought completely about what I wrote and don't feel bad about doing so.

In my mind, I am very glad that you have your own sites.
I hope that all Morph users will go there and leave amiga alone.
Just like I wished that you would leave Amiga Inc. alone.

Seperation of the two sides is the only way.
The only reason that you say you don't believe in that is because you want to destroy your competition before you leave.

I do not like your tactics.
I've seen them before in Bill Gates, and other people like him.

So yes, I do wish that you would leave the Amiga community alone, and go build your own platform without trying to destroy the Amiga spirit.

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2003, 10:33:40 PM »
Most of the people who are developing for, using or interested in MorphOS come Amiga backgrounds (some of us go waaay back), enjoy using Amiga programs and APIs, buy (or have bought tons of Amiga software).

So where's the line to be drawn for the big divisio -  supporting competing companies? As if that weren't always the case anyway. I bought one browser and destop publishing package, set of anim and paint tools, video tools, etc, and someone else chose differently. I bought certain expansion hardware and peripherals, someone else bought something else instead -

Does that mean we should all GO AWAY (and form little factions of a few people each? I think not.  That satisfies a few people who are not capable of dealing with diversity or the idea of that there could be competition to that which they may have made holy. But it certainly isn't realistic. And just to placate a few "threatened" or antagonistic types is no reason to turn tail.

There is still a lot of crossover here, a lot of common commerce, and a hella lot of history. I might add that a lot of multi-platform use that has been discussed and compared, with no lasting harm to any animals or humans ; }

...Ease up, relax, vote with your wallets and not with guns. No reason to always be rude or crude either. Things aren't so bad, not to the extent that some would portray. Are they?

Good work Targhan! - peace out!

<--greenboy---<<<<
coordinator & facilitator-at-large
Phoenix Developer Consortium
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2003, 10:48:08 PM »
I don't have a problem with competition.
I think that competition is great for the community.

I don't have a problem with Genesi or MorphOS in general. (except I don't think that cloning api's is appropiate)

I do have a problem with the Morph Side trying to destroy Amiga Inc.

I do have a problem with Morph users coming in here and saying terrible things about Amiga Inc. and Hyperion.

It used to not be like that here, but now with all the Morph users here, mixed with OS4 people, it's causing much division.

If you can compete and be fair about it....
Then I say great.

But that is not the way it is happening.
Instead, you see the Morph side trying to destroy Amiga Inc. and OS4 before they even get out of the gate.

That is not competing.

That is what I call a sucker punch.
And people that pull sucker punches are not the kind of people that I can agree with.

Mr. Buck...

You want my respect?
Start doing buisness the way it should be done.

If Hyperion and Amiga Inc. don't want to run thier OS on you machine, then leave them alone.
It's not up to you how they do thier buisness.

Quit trying to destroy Amiga Inc. for whatever reason and let both sides grow and thrive on the competition.

Of course, you probably don't care about respect, do you.
It seems that you just care about making your money no matter what it takes to make it.

Offline TallAmigan

• Show only replies by TallAmigan
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2003, 01:18:55 AM »
I would be curious to see how MorphOS runs.

:-?
A.S.K.- Amiga Society of Kentuckiana

Offline Dan

• Show only replies by Dan
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2003, 01:20:39 AM »
Love the color scheme :lol:
Using Netscape
Eyes hurt bad :lol:

Love, peace and AROS to everyone.
Apple did it right the first time, bring back the Newton!

Offline TallAmigan

• Show only replies by TallAmigan
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2003, 01:24:12 AM »
Rather Netscape than IE...

Having some problems with Aweb and IBrowse on this site...
 :-(
A.S.K.- Amiga Society of Kentuckiana

Offline teo

• Show only replies by teo
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2003, 02:55:31 AM »
@teotwin -- Please come see us in Sydney when we are there for CeBIT in May. We will buy you a Fosters and we can discuss anything you want. Fortunately, we will have the time between now and then (and the things that have or not happened) to consider. How about we call it a truce until then?

Yes, i heard thru the local grape vine that the peg would be there, and i fully intend on checking it out. In all honesty, i would far prefer the peg to a-one, based on the size of the board alone (i dont get stuck up on claimed features and pci slots etc) as im considering custom building a case but i want it to be small. Then all i would need is a-os running on it. Im not saying m-os is bad, its just not *my* target.

ps, fosters is the beer we export 'cause its not good enough for us ;-)

Offline teo

• Show only replies by teo
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2003, 08:32:37 AM »
@kennyr, in reference to the communites splitting
I'm still not sure why anyone would want this, except maybe through jealously or hate (no offence to teotwin, but I don't understand his motivation - I politely invite him to explain it to me if he likes).

Sorry. i passed over your comment before. Indeed the explaination is rather simple, two words in fact "bitch fighting" thats all.

Indeed i believe that the members of each community should be closer in a perfect world, which would help both of them progress faster thru sharing of ideas, and learning from the advantages one may have over the other etc etc.

But instead when they come together they choose to sling mud and illogically slander the merits of the other??? You mentioned hate a few times in your message,  but its the ridiculous baseless debates that go on that are responsible for the hatred of the other side. Personally i have no hate or jealously toward m-os, i say with with 100% condfidence, infact m-os doesnt even rate on my care meter. So its not due to hatred or jealousy that i want them to split, its to create peace, dignity and respect for our entire community. If someone suggests a way to keep the groups together but put a complete and utter end to the bickering, then im all for it.

Offline gnarly

• Show only replies by gnarly
    • http://thinkdrastic.net/
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2003, 12:09:59 PM »
Paul_Gadd:
Emulators filled the gap where people like myself needed the speed when promises of new hardware was just bullshit for years and years but hey lets not blame good old wonderful Amiga companies lets blame emulators and their users.
Or in my case, emulators filled the gap when my Amiga died, and it just wasnt practical to spend a large sum of money buying a replacement A1200, tower, accelerator and all the other hacks that held the old system together, when an off the shelf PC was cheaper and faster and did the job just as well  - and in some cases better - eg: UAE's P96 driver.

These new G4 Amigas are looking very attractive indeed though, and I could do with a new computer fairly soon. That said, I'm not sure I can bring myself to abandon applications like Photoshop, TopStyle, Dreamweaver and so on.

This brings us back to the big porting debate - bringing gtk+ and the like to the Amiga could bring GIMP and a variety of other applications across with it. Pity i'm no programmer ;-)
Cheers,

Olly
Think Drastic

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2003, 02:48:31 PM »
Thanks for explaining, teotwin. And I'm glad, too, that there's others out there who put the community first before personal ambition, prejudice, greed, or selfishness. You're one of those people.

Offline cyka_delik

• Show only replies by cyka_delik
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2003, 01:10:14 PM »
I am not really bothered by M-OS it self the thing i am bothered about is the slander which M-OS opreate, They think that the'll win by destroying our faith in the amiga. This hasn't haapened to me and never will as i will be supporting the amiga till the day i die.

I have a problem with the M-OS user which are Single minded and think that M-OS is the only OS in the world which needs upkeeping. I just wish thbey could learn to not badger amiga inc constantly.

P.S. I am sorry if this provokes some flames to erupt, but this is what i am thinking and feeling.
It\\\'s the attack of the umper lumpers... run for your lives.

Offline AmiGR

• Show only replies by AmiGR
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2003, 10:20:04 PM »
Amiga Inc deserves it and gets it.
They are the only people I whine about.
I never whined about OS4 or Hyperion.
- AMiGR

Evil, biased mod from hell.