Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why AmigaOS 4.0 is going to be successful…  (Read 7717 times)

Description:

Offline fatman2021Topic starter

• Show only replies by fatman2021
    • http://www.geocities.com/fatman2021/
Why AmigaOS 4.0 is going to be successful…
« on: October 02, 2003, 09:40:28 PM »
AmigaOS 4.0 is going to be sussessful becouse Microsft Windows is a terrible operating system and that most people are so sick and tired of Windows and all the problems that comes along with using Windows. Most of these same people are dieing for something knew to come out. They don't want to use linux or bsd becouse it is complicated for the average user and MacOS X won't run most of there software. AROS is still to under developed to be a useful operating system and MorphOS depends to much on emulation to be a good operating system. AmigaOS runs most if not all of its software natively, is easy to use, and has a large number of programs(most of them a be downloaded free of charge) and most importantly...AmigaOS will not crash as many times as Microsoft Windows. My point is that AmigaOS will once again blow every operating system on the market out of the water.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: Why AmigaOS 4.0 is going to be successful&
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 09:43:27 PM »
erm pegasos and amigaone have the same share of emulation needed to be backwards compatible , only matter is that one is amiga other is a clone.

i am pro amigaos4 but this comment by you aint something i can say is correct.

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 10:06:19 PM »
What makes you think users deterred by Mac OSX's incompatibility with their existing Windows software be any more likely to move to AmigaOS?

It's really cool that you feel that positive about the future of the Amiga and I don't want to feel like I'm coming down on anyone for it. But, really... Apple is a big company with a large advertising budget and still most home computers are Windows machines. Who's got the multi-million dollar marketing budget for AmigaOS/MOS/AROS? Amiga Inc?  :lol:

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
Re: Why AmigaOS 4.0 is going to be successful?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 10:22:51 PM »
...and then you woke up.
Bill Hoggett

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 10:33:56 PM »
OS4 will be successful for Amiga users but when the software is so tiny no one seriously would go from a platform what has all the software they will ever need to a platform what has not even got something so standard as a decent web browser.

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 10:52:54 PM »
I disagree.  OS4 will have several years worth of much heavier emulation than MorphOS.  I would explain, but I don't want to anger anyone :-P
Regards,
Targhan

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 10:55:01 PM »
Fath manages

That's all I'm going to say about OS4 future.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 11:01:49 PM »
If you ask any one that used Microsoft Windows then you would know that they don't like using it and that they would give anything to have a Microsoft Windows replacement.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 11:10:31 PM »
I don't think that is enough. Did you read Dave's Interview? What is so special about AmigaOS that will make it stand out in a sea of PC clones?

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 11:20:30 PM »
@fatman2021

If you ask any one that used Microsoft Windows then you would know that they don't like using it and that they would give anything to have a Microsoft Windows replacement.

If if that were true - and it isn't - what does it have to do with the price of fish?

I have news for you: most people don't buy computers because of the operating system. No one is going to switch to AmigaOS4 and buy an AmigaOne just because they don't like something about Windows.
Bill Hoggett

Offline mdwh2

• Show only replies by mdwh2
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2003, 11:33:02 PM »
@fatman2021:

I suspect that most such people simply hate "computers". To them, hating Windows and hating their computer is the same thing; they haven't gone out and tried any alternatives (and if they had, then presumably they didn't like them if they're still using Windows).

I must have missed the press release that said that OS4 will be free of crashes, viruses, bugs, and that it will always do exactly what the user wants, and the user will know how to do anything with it he wants. Because otherwise, they're going to have exactly the same complaints that they have with Windows.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2003, 11:35:54 PM »
I have news for you: most people don't buy computers because of the operating system. No one is going to switch to AmigaOS4 and buy an AmigaOne just because they don't like something about Windows

@bhoggett  I also have some news for you. The only reason that people even buy  them is because all the stores are force feeding them (man I have take a dump) Winblows and Mac-in-trash computers. All of the major computer stores sells them. If they were to start selling AmigaOnes running AmigaOS 4.0 they would end up selling more AmigaOnes then Winblows and Mac-in-trash computers hands down…end of story. People will buy it because it’s the better computer system.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2003, 11:40:18 PM »

You do not use a OS that you do not like, simple as that, so all these millions upon millions of people would ditch fast, cheap hardware for a mega expensive poor specs board with a OS what has such little software?  those reasons alone is why the Amiga and OS will continue to stay a minority permanently and will never be taken serious.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2003, 11:41:29 PM »
I suspect that most such people simply hate "computers". To them, hating Windows and hating their computer is the same thing; they haven't gone out and tried any alternatives (and if they had, then presumably they didn't like them if they're still using Windows).

What real alternatives are there? I can only see one alternative, which is linux/bsd, which still is not mature enough for the average person to use as a desktop OS.

There is BeOS and QNX though, but none of them has enough software or even hardware support.

And macs being expensive as hel*, and also lacks software/games *sigh*  :-(

Microsoft has destroyed any chance of a alternative... Users want software/games, software developers wants users... and endless bad circle here.......

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 11:45:52 PM »
ou do not use a OS that you do not like, simple as that

That is totally bullsh*t... I am forced to use Winbloat due to my video editing/dvb-sat ripping needs... If it wasnt for that, i would have no problem removing windows from dual boot and start using linux for fulltime.