Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Be Inc sues Microsoft  (Read 3493 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Be Inc sues Microsoft
« on: February 20, 2002, 02:44:56 PM »
From the Register;

Be Inc is suing Microsoft for the destruction of its business. A damages figure isn't enumerated, but Be points out that at one stage the company was valued at over $1 billion.

Read the full article here.

Offline DarkHawke

• Show only replies by DarkHawke
Re: Be Inc sues Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 08:10:18 AM »
Classic Microsoft.  I wonder, though, what's suddenly emboldening companies like Be and AOHell to take Billy Boy on.  The scuttling of the anti-trust suit?  Overall, any damages taken against Micro$sloth won't mean as much as whatever hesitation put into them from either pursuing their insane .Net strategy, or preventing them from squelching other competing apps and OSes, especially those that can run on Intel chips.  I hope AInc is paying close attention. . .
\\"For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: \\\'It might have been!\\\'\\"
     -- John Greenleaf Whittier

Amiga.  Wish the world could have known.

Offline Crispy_Beef

• Show only replies by Crispy_Beef
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 11:22:48 AM »
That's one of the reasons I like the PPC option, a lot of use for the processor is in the embedded market, and the other major use is in Apple Macs.  This means that there is no danger of a company like M$ trying to sabotage plans.  Apple does seem to have first picks of PPC chips, but there's enough of those to go around.

-- Crispy

Chathurawind

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 04:38:23 PM »
Remember along w/Apple Mr. Gasse tried to discredit the Amiga in hopes of burying us for good, well were still here and Mr. Gasse's
BE Inc is where?
So they think that suing Microsoft will resurrect their inferior OS a bulky AmigaOS wanna-be, spare me their ignorance!

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2002, 10:07:08 AM »
Be, was only valued at 1 Billion prior to the tech wreck. Fact of the matter is, any values given to any business prior to the new millenium really was just an over inflated load of twatle. Just like microsofts products.