Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????  (Read 10172 times)

Description:

Offline realpix.com

• Show only replies by realpix.com
    • http://www.realpix.com
Re: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 10, 2003, 09:14:55 AM »
William W McEwen
17838 161st Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058-9138
(425)255-4527

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2003, 09:22:30 AM »
@Seehund
:lol:
(Yes, I'd rather give this man $50 than give $1 to ainc. The money would be much better spent.)

He might just spend it on the coupon(in order to get the T-Shirt!!) ;-)

Offline realpix.com

• Show only replies by realpix.com
    • http://www.realpix.com
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2003, 09:30:32 AM »
Old address

Current address

Bill McEwen
24403 256th Ave S.E.
Ravensdale, WA

Bill seems to be located in a section that has 2 mailing (city) addresses.

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2003, 10:33:06 AM »
Actually you make a good point, they could sell it to Amiga users you could have thousands of Amiga users owning shares in the company.

Question is: who owns Amiga Inc? Who is in the position of selling it? Is he/they willing to sell it?

Thinking about it, it'd worth me $50 being a shareholder of Amiga Inc. Honest.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2003, 11:35:56 AM »
Then everyone would have wates a Dollar.

A better idea woudl be for the whole Amiga Community to forma company, buy the Amiga Trade mark Rights and then we can decide (Vote?) what's "Amiga" and what's not "Amiga".

just my $1 worth ;-)

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2003, 12:36:16 AM »
I was thinking similar to what Bloodline said, everybody form a single user owned company, buy the rights (and maybe the code to OS 4) and release it into the public domain. Then everybody could do their own thing with it and it would all be Amiga just like Linux is Linux regardless of the distro.

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2003, 12:49:36 AM »
JetFireDX: Well.. Perhaps... For that I might give 5 or 10$ if I'd
found someone making it happen (someone trustworthy)..

But for now on I'll rather support still remaining and active Software
makers. This time ain't good to them, and without them there ain't
much to do with these things.  

Offline Wolfe

• Show only replies by Wolfe
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2003, 12:53:41 AM »
It seems that any company that deals with M$ or PC's but is different than winblows "Dies An Early Death"

Since AmigaInc had no real intentions in the begining to modernize the Amiga, bring it back to life or anything else AND makes deals with M$?!?!

Maybe letting it die and the mantle going to someone else would be the better end to this situation.  ;-)
Avatar Babe:  Monica Bellucci  -    :love:

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2003, 01:00:22 AM »
@bloodline

The PDC tried that once, a user-based organization.  But they tried to do it without any cash investment.  If you'd like, I can point you to the necessary incorporation information if you are to try such an endeavour.  I would recommend a non-profit corporation, for example.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2003, 03:20:00 AM »
Amiga, themselves would never ask for it so that's why I think it's such a cool idea..

AmigaINC did actually ask for it :\ They made over a thousand of people pay them 50$ for a membership and tshirt they never recieved.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2003, 03:32:14 AM »
I was being serious.. For the good of the Amiga and just saying to others we know that the company still exists we should all write checks or money orders for $1 and send it to them..

It is way too late, and 1$ is not very much... They have millions in dept, and are currently in trial with genesi, no way they are going to survive.. Anyway.. the only people keeping the amiga alive this days are hyperion, if you want to help the amiga platform then donate to them.

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2003, 03:49:17 AM »

Tomas wrote:
They made over a thousand of people pay them 50$ for a membership and tshirt they never recieved.

"Made," thomas?  Surely if someone told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge in NY State, you wouldn't jump would you?

No one "made" anyone buy anything.  Amiga offered something that people were interested in.  There are many today that don't care about the free t-shirt and are happy they are getting CAM.  This does not mean Amiga isn't planning to deliver what was promised.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2003, 04:12:20 AM »
All My Computing Needs are PoWeReD By
AMIGA 3000T 060@66mhz RAM: *128*Mb/CyberVision64: *4*Mb/*11*Gb SCSI
HDDs CD ROM/Scanjet 5p/ZIP *100*/Canon BJC3000/Casio QV100 camera/
Motorola 56k MF3/Toccata
Operating system AMiGA Workbench 3.5.2
Manufactured November 1990

Miles, I *WANT* your miggy.  :-o

Anyways, back on topic...

Donny, are you out of your freaking mind???!???

Why on earth would I send a buck to a crap ass company that's all 'anti-piracy' blah blah that would F*ck the only people that give a sh!t about them??

Get a clue, bub. Every person that sent 50$ to Amiga Inc for that damned coupon got screwed in the worst possible way. They got ripped off on something they believed in.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in the past few years, but AI hasn't been keeping Amiga alive.

AI boasted about a new Mobo in the beginning. That mobo was the Pegasos. AI and Thendic come alonf and have a falling out. No more Pegasos.

Eyetech help design a NEW board. One that doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the original, but no one really complains, 'cos Amiga said 'it's okay.' Does Eyetech get anything out of it? No. As a matter of fact, they had to design a PROTOTYPE before AI even took it into consideration.

New board is a go and is manufactured, in VERY small increments, funded solely by the people at Eyetech. At this point in time, it is assumed that AI was doing the coding, 'cos this was before TAO said in an interview that Intent was 'never designed to be a desktop platform.' These boards were sent with soldered cpu's, 'cos it was to expensive at the time to add a seat for expansion cpus. The new board starts as a massive flop.

Within a year, Eyetech offers NEW design boards. These are nicer than the ones before, but to recoup their OWN monetary loss, the boards are ridiculously expensive.  At this point, not one cent has been sent from AI. All of their money is tied up in the 'Digital Environment'.

AI then says in an 'exectutive update' that Amiga's OS 4.0 including and upto all revisions to 5.0 will be coded by Hyperion. Why? Cos Hyperion has offered more to the amiga in the past years, with all of it's game ports, than any other company still writing software. It was outsourced once it became apparent that the 'DE' was DEad. To this day, I believe that Hyperion has STILL never received any compensation from AI. If they did, why on earth would Hyperion have to find OTHER ventures to make capital and have to take credit loans out to stay afloat just to keep OS4.0?

Eyetech (and to their credit, BPlan) created the Amiga One, not Amiga Inc.

Hyperion is coding OS4, not Amiga Inc.

There are over 180 video cards to be implemented in OS4.0. Hyperion did this, not Amiga Inc.

The only thing that Amiga Inc has done for this community is rip off people like Silver Dragon, Targhan and so many others.

Don't EVEN get me started on how Petro got screwed by AI.  :-x

The only thing I would ever want to give Amiga Inc is a scortching case of herpes and since I have no access to that, they're SOL.
 :-D

If you want to donate a buck, give to AROS. Thendic is a company. They 'have' money. AROS is coded by people who believed in the Amiga and want it to continue. They deserve your money. Hyperion does. Eyetech does.

The only thing the people at Amiga Inc deserve is a long prison sentence, 'cos last I checked, AI is a US company and 65,000$ taken from consumers with nothing to show for, but empty promises and lies, is known only as GRAND THEFT stateside.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2003, 04:19:06 AM »
Right on Methuselas!  :-D

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2003, 04:30:14 AM »
@Methuselas

Amen.  If you guys are going to *give* money away, give it to AROS or the Amizilla project.  Don't *give* it to corporations like Amiga or Genesi.  You like us, you want to support us, buy our products.  
*WARNING, SHAMELESS PLUG*
The Pegasos 2 is coming out soon, like Genesi, buy one, simple as that.
*YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED FORUM*
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2003, 04:32:03 AM »
Hey Down, I gotta know. I've seen pics, but what's the Peg REALLY like??? With the massive price drops, it's beginning to seem too good to pass up. The icons kill me, though. They look SO ugly. =^(
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf