Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: "Celebrities"  (Read 1834 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Karlos

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »
The problem is that we live in an age where we celebrate idiocy, greed, shallowness and so on. It's not cool to be intelligent or have depth and you don't warrant respect if you don't have cash to squander on meaningless tat.

It wasn't always so.
int p; // A
 

Offline motorollin

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »
Thanks Karlos for bringing us back on topic :-)

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10
 

Offline adz

  • Knight of the Sock
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2003
  • Posts: 2961
  • Total likes: 0
Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:45 PM »
Quote

What is the appeal of "celebrities"?


I've asked myself this many times and I get worked up everytime I do. Personally, I think it has something to do with "fans" living what they deem a boring life, so they attempt to thrive on the "excitment" of someone else's. I guess it's a kind of escape mechanism. Personally, I don't give a hoot about any "celebrity".
 

Offline motorollin

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 07:09:56 AM »
I think you've hit the nail on the head Adz. Compared to the lives of "celebrities", those of "normal" people seem mundane. So people concern themselves with the lives of famous people in an attempt to make their own lives more exciting.

It's sad really :roll:

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10
 

Offline adz

  • Knight of the Sock
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Aug 2003
  • Posts: 2961
  • Total likes: 0
Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:08 AM »
Personally, I love the life I live, despite the fact that I'm a tad down at the moment, guess thats why I have no interest in celebrities. Its amazing how interesting life can be if you actually go out and live it instead of reading about someone else's in a magazine.
 

Offline PMC

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 12:43:01 PM »
Quote

Karlos wrote:
The problem is that we live in an age where we celebrate idiocy, greed, shallowness and so on. It's not cool to be intelligent or have depth and you don't warrant respect if you don't have cash to squander on meaningless tat.

It wasn't always so.


Amen to that!  It's so true.

That's why we have Now magazine full of Jade Goody, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham and other wastes of carbon.  

Cecilia for President
 

Offline Karlos

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 04:06:13 PM »
@PMC

Quite so.
int p; // A
 

Offline Turambar

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 11:46:55 PM »
Quote

PMC wrote:
Quote

Karlos wrote:
The problem is that we live in an age where we celebrate idiocy, greed, shallowness and so on. It's not cool to be intelligent or have depth and you don't warrant respect if you don't have cash to squander on meaningless tat.

It wasn't always so.


Amen to that!  It's so true.

That's why we have Now magazine full of Jade Goody, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham and other wastes of carbon.  




Hmmm now theres an idea... Reducing the "carbon footprint" by killing moron celebrities. Morons who car about such people will watch less TV and less inane magazines will printed.
 

Offline motorollin

Re: "Celebrities"
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 08:42:14 AM »
Quote
Turambar wrote:
Hmmm now theres an idea... Reducing the "carbon footprint" by killing moron celebrities. Morons who car about such people will watch less TV and less inane magazines will printed.

That won't work. The bodies will decompose, their carbon content will be returned to the earth, and eventually harvested and burned as fuel. Far better to keep the carbon surplus contained within those useless bodies :-) They just need to be removed from public view.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10