Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released  (Read 6197 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Club Amiga Monthly, May has been released
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 02, 2003, 06:35:35 PM »

HMetal wrote:
And my, how I do find it interesting that the moderators allow Genesi employees and supporters to trash Amiga news posts but give Amiga supporters and employees holy hell for doing the same to Genesi posts.  Quite hypocritical if you ask me.  But then again, it fits what many of us thought all along.

You just can't help yourself can you? I find your comments pathetic. You want to insult the moderators here? Pffft!! And the official Amiga Inc fansite (amigaworld.net) is unbiased right? I suppose I should start deleting your posts to make your delusional accusations true?
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline zacman

• Show only replies by zacman
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2003, 06:41:57 PM »
>A disguntled ex-employee is all this looks like, to
>me. But then I'm happy wth my job, so

So better make sure to sell your stock options so
that you never experience the same as Bolton?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2003, 06:47:42 PM »
It's not like companies haven't lost, laid-off or fired tire repairmen before.

I wonder why he is working that job? Oh yeah.

Take notice all you anti-Gensi people. You complain about BB saying things you think are innapropriate? What the hell do you think about that comment above by an Amiga Inc current employee? Any current or previous blue collar workers out there who find this offensive? Raise your hand.

/me raises his hand

That is ignoring the fact he took this job because his previous employeer AMIGA INC didnt pay him.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2003, 06:51:15 PM »
>A disguntled ex-employee is all this looks like, to
>me. But then I'm happy wth my job, so

This is not a disgruntled ex-employee thing Ray. This is a "legal, court-awarded settlement to an ex-employee thing".

That being said, would someone who's had a court award him a five-figure settlement (which has not been paid) be considered disgruntled?  I know I would be.  I hope you don't get to find out.

Offline Madgun68

• Show only replies by Madgun68
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2003, 07:49:15 PM »
This CAM was their way of giving me this information, which is nice. One could see it as an ordinary magazine aimed at members of a certain club. I mean: one wouldn't (I hope) moan when Total Amiga send out their magazines to their subscribers and didn't send you one, right? Just because it's digital doesn't mean it's free.
That's not the point I was making.

I think it's fine that the club members are getting extras for the money they've put in to it.

Other than either the CAM or little one or two liners from the Hyperion folks, where is information coming out about AOS 4? No where else and that's my point.

Offline amimonkey

• Show only replies by amimonkey
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2003, 08:02:49 PM »
@Greenboy:
"Here's another oldie that never made the newsletter hit parade."

And this is on-topic?

Not another deliberate attempt to start a flame war in a totally unrelated thread?!

And guess what... it worked! You even got the moderators involved this time! I think a round of applause is in order.

AmiMonkey

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2003, 08:16:38 PM »
Quite hypocritical if you ask me. But then again, it fits what many of us thought all along.
I know it's been a couple of hours, but something about this statement still bothers the hell out of me...  I don't recall Amiga Inc making such claims of hypocrisy when I was cheerleading for them....  

Amazing to me that the definition of a word can change so much depending on one's viewpoint, isn't it Ray?

Offline z5

• Show only replies by z5
    • http://ada.untergrund.net
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2003, 08:21:30 PM »
Instead of all the wild guessing going on, can anybody seek out the truth so we can move forward. I don't care about AmigaInc but i would like to see OS4 though.

Somebody out there should be able to find out, no?

I agree, better let the truth come out, and the whole truth. It isn't fun anymore...

Anyone contacted that Garry Hare dude?
A.miga D.emoscene A.rchive: Relive the dreams...

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2003, 08:45:12 PM »
@z5

I have sent off numerous requests for an interview or even a clarification.  So far, none have been answered, though all have been received.

Offline z5

• Show only replies by z5
    • http://ada.untergrund.net
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2003, 08:52:55 PM »
@Wayne:

ok, thanks for the effort. It all seems strange... I do hope you can get to the truth here so that we can for once and for ever put this behind.
A.miga D.emoscene A.rchive: Relive the dreams...

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2003, 11:37:33 PM »

Lando wrote:
A question or three...  

In the magazine there is a fun competition to design a spoof business card using an art package.

Jebus frickin' hell! Is it one of those 3vil h4x0rz that has snuck this in there to discredit AInc, or are they really so fond of pissing against the wind while standing in a hurricane?

At first, it's warm and nice, but remember that it inevitably gets cold, wet and icky after a while.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2003, 12:23:18 AM »
@Wayne this is way off topic i looked here to see what ppl had to say about the CAM & yet i see the same here that has happened to almost every other thread with a topic that i have intrest in.

Can you please at least try to keep threads on topic.
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2003, 12:41:25 AM »

Alkemyst wrote:

Can you please at least try to keep threads on topic.

Ok.. I have to admit *THIS* is something i never expected to see..  Alkemyst asking others to stay on Topic   :-o

Offline Alkemyst

• Show only replies by Alkemyst
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2003, 12:52:07 AM »
I admit i've been off topic in the past but i've always been moderated so why not these guys?
PowerTower A1200,060/80Mhz,Heatsink&Fan,66MBRam,PowerFlyerGold,50xCDRomdrive,250Zip,2.1GB&34GB HD,internal Scandoubler & FF,19\\"Monitor,Mediator,Voodoo3-3000,PaceSolo 56k ,PortJnr2,ZEKeys-XS,SMON ,Os3.9

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2003, 01:34:15 AM »
@greenboy

Better check with those sources of yours again. :lol:
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show only replies by Herewegoagain
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2003, 01:34:26 AM »
ok, thanks for the effort. It all seems strange... I do hope you can get to the truth here so that we can for once and for ever put this behind.

Why bother????  Because just as soon as this is settled the same old crew will come around with a new twist to the "let's bash Amiga club".   It's a never ending soap with them and that's the way they like it.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!