Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Old Friend the Amiga  (Read 1878 times)

Description:

Offline swift240

• Show only replies by swift240
Re: My Old Friend the Amiga
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 31, 2006, 03:28:16 PM »
Nice to see you have a good setup there.
Welcome back to the Amiga scene.

Mike.
Amiga 1200, 82gb HD, 4 way IDE\'97, DVD Multi-Recorder, OS3.9, BB1,BB2, Apollo Turbo MkII 030/40, 32meg Fastram, 4Gb CF card PCMCIA slot, IDE CF card adaptor 4Gb CF card, HP 810C, Alba HDTV, Converted PC PSU. C128, C64, C16, Plus4, 1701, 1570, 1541MkII, ARP6.0,KCS Power Cart, FreezeFrame MK3B, Freeze Machine, Simons Basic,  PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 HDMI and 1TB HD+ 80gb USB HD, PS3 TV add on, Sound Surround speakers for PS2,PS3,PC, and Amiga Amazing so

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 02:01:54 AM »
Arnie couldn't have come back with a bigger weapon!

Offline antonyeTopic starter

• Show only replies by antonye
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 02:24:57 PM »
Cheers people. I have always had a soft spot for the Amiga...Especially when it comes to music....The PPC really comes in handy for graphics work as well.  I Dunno what it is About the Amiga....Hell it was years ahead if itself.

As I mentioned earlier going from a stock A1200 to my current setup was a little daunting. The main tower case for my miggy is in need to some cosmetic work at the moment as the tower was in a real poor state, there were some other pressing issues with it...Being good at electronic repair, I had to clean the Amiga Mobo real careful as the Previous owner of the miggy nearly ruined it.

After 2 days non-stop work, I had cleaned and restored the Mobo, Re-soldered the IDE header, re-seated the ROM's and carefully inspected the Blizzard PPC. This was the most painstaking task as the PPC was covered (literally) covered in dust, the fan had seen better days and was replaced. The PPC clip-on cooler needed adjusting for better contact with the PPC, After £350 Later, all was well and I am well Chuffed. :lol: