Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......  (Read 1113 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Guest
A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« on: August 09, 2005, 12:18:57 PM »
 

Offline Cyberus

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:19:58 PM »
Slow day at work today? ;-)
I like Amigas
 

  • Guest
Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:21:45 PM »
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
Slow day at work today? ;-)


Kind of, one is a student still. :-)

Supposed to be finishing off my PGCE.  Really struggling to get motivated though.  Only got until next Friday to finish it too.
 

Offline Cyberus

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 12:25:49 PM »
Quote

mdma wrote:
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
Slow day at work today? ;-)


Kind of, one is a student still. :-)

Has one been taking English lessons from the Queen? ;-)

Quote

Supposed to be finishing off my PGCE.  Really struggling to get motivated though.  Only got until next Friday to finish it too.

What, you've got to do a write-up?
Have you done your apprentice year of teaching or whatever its called? Or is it just the the study side you're about to finish?
I like Amigas
 

  • Guest
Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 12:36:04 PM »
Quote

What, you've got to do a write-up?


Several essays to write that i've put off doing for the last few months. :-(

Quote

Have you done your apprentice year of teaching or whatever its called? Or is it just the the study side you're about to finish?


I did both at the same time.  I taught four days a week, and went to my own lectures one day a week.

I'm a real bona fide teacher now, I just need to get these essays written up so I can have the piece of paper that proves it. :-)
 

Offline Karlos

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 01:47:25 PM »
Quote

mdma wrote:
Mecca Cola


:lol:

I've actually seen it in some of the local shops...
int p; // A
 

  • Guest
Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
Quote

Karlos wrote:
Quote

mdma wrote:
Mecca Cola


:lol:

I've actually seen it in some of the local shops...


Are you local?
 

Offline whabang

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 08:29:51 PM »
No, you're all remote. I'm local. Me and my sock are. :lol:
Beating the dead horse since 2002.
 

  • Guest
Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:01:17 PM »
Quote

whabang wrote:
No, you're all remote. I'm local. Me and my sock are. :lol:


You aren't , but we are. :-)
 

Offline metalman

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 10:40:01 PM »
@mdma

Mecca Cola

Motto: Don't drink stupid, drink with commitment!
 
Claims 20% of profits go to "Islamic charities"     ......Hamas? Hezbollah? Al Qaeda????

Website features special fatwa page.

Cans carry warning: Please do not mix with alcohol!

acetone and hydrogen peroxide must be fatwa instructed mixes with Mecca Cola


Lan astaslem
The Peacemaker
 

Offline Doobrey

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 11:08:15 PM »
Quote

metalman wrote:
Cans carry warning: Please do not mix with alcohol!


I know this isn't in the spirit of the thread, but what the feck..

At least it isn't as condescending and stupid as the milkshake I bought the other day..
"Allergy advice: Warning, contains milk."  Well, DUH!..
Or the hazelnut chocolate bar I bought that said "Warning, may contain nuts"..May?? I bought it cos it was supposed to have friggin nuts in it. :pissed:
 Even my new soldering iron had a sodding label that warned me that it gets hot... :lol:

I'm beginning to think we should remove all warning labels and let evolution take it's course.
 Bugger Karlos' revolution, Death to the stupid.
On schedule, and suing
 

Offline Cyberus

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 12:52:56 AM »
Quote

Doobrey wrote:
Quote

metalman wrote:
Cans carry warning: Please do not mix with alcohol!


I know this isn't in the spirit of the thread, but what the feck..

At least it isn't as condescending and stupid as the milkshake I bought the other day..
"Allergy advice: Warning, contains milk."  Well, DUH!..
Or the hazelnut chocolate bar I bought that said "Warning, may contain nuts"..May?? I bought it cos it was supposed to have friggin nuts in it. :pissed:
 Even my new soldering iron had a sodding label that warned me that it gets hot... :lol:

I'm beginning to think we should remove all warning labels and let evolution take it's course.
 Bugger Karlos' revolution, Death to the stupid.


Yeah, I've thought that before...

The person why sued because their coffee was hot, the people who put pop tarts into a toaster and then were surprised when they burnt their mouths eating them.

The 'may contain nuts' thing might just be a conventional labelling thing, that they put on depending on the environment its produced in. So it only sounds silly when it happens to apply to something that is supposed to contain nuts. Even so, you're right, it is stupid.

My favourite one, is a story my Dad told me. He used to work for Islington borough council years ago. And there was a window somewhere that kept getting smashed by vandals. So the  local government decided to replace it, and the rest of the windows in this council building, with polycarbonate ones.
So one day, a kid comes along, throws half a brick at the window that was always getting smashed and.....guess what?
It bounced back and hit him on the head, causing relatively minor injuries. You probably already have an inkling what's coming next.....His mother tried to sue the local council, because of what happened to her son. The judge threw it out of court, but that was the 80s...these days she'd probably win....which neatly brings us to why we have all these inane warnings...!!!
I like Amigas
 

Offline metalman

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 01:19:51 AM »
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
there was a window somewhere that kept getting smashed by vandals. So the  local government decided to replace it, and the rest of the windows in this council building, with polycarbonate ones.
So one day, a kid comes along, throws half a brick at the window that was always getting smashed and.....guess what?
It bounced back and hit him on the head, causing relatively minor injuries.


 :lol:  :lol:

Words of Wisdom for the MODERN Age:

People who live in polycarbonate houses don't worry about bricks!
Lan astaslem
The Peacemaker
 

  • Guest
Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 11:32:04 AM »
Quote

metalman wrote:
Quote

Cyberus wrote:
there was a window somewhere that kept getting smashed by vandals. So the  local government decided to replace it, and the rest of the windows in this council building, with polycarbonate ones.
So one day, a kid comes along, throws half a brick at the window that was always getting smashed and.....guess what?
It bounced back and hit him on the head, causing relatively minor injuries.


 :lol:  :lol:

Words of Wisdom for the MODERN Age:

People who live in polycarbonate houses don't worry about bricks!


And people who live next door to polycarbonate houses shouldn't throw stones. :-)
 

Offline Karlos

Re: A drink for Metalman, Fade et al.......
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 11:39:20 AM »
Indeed!
int p; // A