Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ebay - think I've been ripped off  (Read 640 times)

Description:

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by mikeymike
ebay - think I've been ripped off
« on: June 13, 2004, 12:01:15 AM »
Only for 20 quid, but all the same... I won an auction for an item (a processor) 8 days ago, I made paypal payment through ebay immediately, but no delivery and the seller hasn't answered either question I sent him.

The seller is apparently in the UK, as I am.  I used my credit card for the paypal transaction, so I think I'm within my rights to bounce the transaction if the guy doesn't come up with the goods.

What other courses of action do I have open to me through ebay are people aware of?

(other than finding where the guy lives and whupping his **** :-P)

PS - the seller's feedback looked pretty good

Offline zudobug

• Show only replies by zudobug
Re: ebay - think I've been ripped off
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 12:12:47 AM »
Hi mikeymike,

I won an ebay auction for a record (no-one else wanted) and had a similar thing happen to me. Like you, after about a week of nothing happening I emailed the seller, and received no reply. And then, I think another week later, the record turned up. But I never did get a reply to my emails (I think I sent about 2 in the end.)

So some auctioners are just lazy and uncommunicative. I suggest you wait a bit longer, and if nothing comes then make sure you give the guy some bad press on the site.

Happy bargain hunting :-)

-zudo
Realtime amiga.org chatting on irc.synirc.net - #amiga.org and #coffeehouse

Offline mikeymikeTopic starter

• Show only replies by mikeymike
Re: ebay - think I've been ripped off
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 12:23:42 AM »
He also hid his feedback comments, which I just noticed and am guessing is a bad sign.  I think he's also trying to sell the same item in another auction.

I've messaged ebay customer services.