Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Completely move to emulation or continue to wait?  (Read 484 times)

Description:

Offline CaelThunderwingTopic starter

• Show only replies by CaelThunderwing
Completely move to emulation or continue to wait?
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:05:58 PM »
well i allready have a Pi 3 running amibian for A1200 and better required games/games that need an hard disk, but its nearing 3 weeks on the wait from amigastore.eu the Gotek USB Drive emulator for my A500 :/ i only got w/ my unit an WB 1.3 Disk so i can really only use it atm to save notes

i dont want to fully move to emulation and put my A500 into storage but at the same time i dont want to continue waiting for it  :/

i'm debating looking into a refund if its still "Stuck in Customs" by next saturday as they claim the entire time since the 11th

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Completely move to emulation or continue to wait?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 09:42:13 PM »
Quote from: CaelThunderwing;816922
well i allready have a Pi 3 running amibian for A1200 and better required games/games that need an hard disk, but its nearing 3 weeks on the wait from amigastore.eu the Gotek USB Drive emulator for my A500 :/ i only got w/ my unit an WB 1.3 Disk so i can really only use it atm to save notes

i dont want to fully move to emulation and put my A500 into storage but at the same time i dont want to continue waiting for it  :/

i'm debating looking into a refund if its still "Stuck in Customs" by next saturday as they claim the entire time since the 11th

What is the cause for your impatience?
You have your emulated setup, and you've ordered parts that will allow you to more fully utilize your legacy hardware.
If you bail now, you're stuck with only the emulation system.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Emulation will always be around, therefore enjoy the real hardware whilst it still lives.

Offline CaelThunderwingTopic starter

• Show only replies by CaelThunderwing
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:11:05 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;816927
What is the cause for your impatience?
You have your emulated setup, and you've ordered parts that will allow you to more fully utilize your legacy hardware.
If you bail now, you're stuck with only the emulation system.

i've had a Pi3 for along time before i found out about Amibian so it has other uses in the meantime. and granted yea things i could start via emulation i could continue w/ my A500 when the gotek USB Floppy emu arrives, :/