Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is there a program like this 4 amiga  (Read 1167 times)

Description:

Offline AAACHIPSETTopic starter

• Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
is there a program like this 4 amiga
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
gonna be moving house soon...after 30 yrs  i dont wanna think about it too much yet ...but i will be moving a lot of plants ..my other hobby ..id like to actually  make a list of them all  an approx date i got them etc ..like a data base inventory prog i guess ..does the amiga have anything like this  ..there is a pc program i remember  ..but id like to use my 1200
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline Hattig

• Show only replies by Hattig
Re: is there a program like this 4 amiga
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
I'm guessing you'll want to look for SuperBase or Final Data.

Also Organize! and MUIBase? I haven't read about these so don't know much about them.

Offline matt3k

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
Twist 2 is a really good amiga database.  Easier to setup and get going than superbase.

You probably don't want an inventory system like easy ledger since you will have to setup an accounting system to get it working...

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 03:36:29 PM »
Quote from: AAACHIPSET;758371
gonna be moving house soon...after 30 yrs  i dont wanna think about it too much yet ...but i will be moving a lot of plants ..my other hobby ..id like to actually  make a list of them all  an approx date i got them etc ..like a data base inventory prog i guess ..does the amiga have anything like this  ..there is a pc program i remember  ..but id like to use my 1200

Sounds amazing! How about Superbase? I did something similar when I moved out of the family home. You might like to put stuff in boxes, then write on each box what's in it, plus a written warning not to open it or redistribute the contents to other boxes. My Amiga 1084S kept emitting a high pitched whine and I didn't want to be left without a monitor while they repaired it, but the move cured it. Carry the kettle with you otherwise it could take you about 5 days to find it. I hope this helps you. Now, please tell me how big is the house you're moving out of? Your answer will point out an important fact to various people.

Offline Nlandas

• Show only replies by Nlandas
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:29:01 PM »
Quote from: AAACHIPSET;758371

Depending on what you really want to catalog and how many items there are you might just be able to use a simpler spreadsheet rather than a database.

Plants.csv

Common Name, Scientific name, date acquired, offspring given to, bloom color, zone, etc.

-Nyle
I think, Therefore - Amiga....

Offline motrucker

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
Superbase 4 will be overkill, but it will sure do the job. I still use Microfiche Filer Plus too.
There are loads of Amiga data base programs.....
Softwood's programs were never upgraded to work past Y2K. That could prove to be problem with that software....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:50:22 PM by motrucker »
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »
Quote from: AmigaBruno;758384
Sounds amazing! How about Superbase? I did something similar when I moved out of the family home. You might like to put stuff in boxes, then write on each box what's in it, plus a written warning not to open it or redistribute the contents to other boxes. My Amiga 1084S kept emitting a high pitched whine and I didn't want to be left without a monitor while they repaired it, but the move cured it. Carry the kettle with you otherwise it could take you about 5 days to find it. I hope this helps you. Now, please tell me how big is the house you're moving out of? Your answer will point out an important fact to various people.
well  moving  from  3 bedroom house  ive  been in since  the amiga was released ..1985..after my heart attack  a year an a bit ago  a few friends have been on me to move into a smaller place  ..my  friends son is moving back to the house they bought 2 years ago an they want me to move into the grannie flat ..helps them pay the mortgage an cheaper for me  than at moment ..too many bills!! ..anyway  ive had some of my plants almost that long  ..one orchid is probably over 20yrs old now so thought id just make a note of each  as i moved them ..maybe 2 or 3 hundred  plants  ..dunno never counted them ..ill keep checking  replies  to see whats suggested ..at least no fish tanks  this time ..or dogs  ..only got a bird  hes  12  now  goes to sleep on my shoulder ..think he needs a grannie flat
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 11:11:18 AM »
Sorry to hear about your heart attack :/ What is a grannie flat? Like a one-two room guest house? You can get smaller spaces really nifty, I sometimes miss our old flat because I loved to use space smart :) (tons of other negative things about it tho like insane neighbors (ever played Neighbours From Hell?).

I must ask what is your secret to get a orchid to live 20 years? I myself can not keep anything alive but my wife love Orchids :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:14:03 AM by som99 »

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 02:28:02 AM »
Hi,

I like  using the  database in PenPal, or the Softwood file IIgs, with IIgs you can also use pictures in the database.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline matt3k

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 02:56:48 AM »
Good point Smurf.

Twist 2 also allows for using datatypes and pictures in the database.

Offline AmigaBruno

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 10:20:40 AM »
Quote from: AAACHIPSET;758410
well  moving  from  3 bedroom house  ive  been in since  the amiga was released ..1985..after my heart attack  a year an a bit ago  a few friends have been on me to move into a smaller place  ..my  friends son is moving back to the house they bought 2 years ago an they want me to move into the grannie flat ..helps them pay the mortgage an cheaper for me  than at moment ..too many bills!! ..anyway  ive had some of my plants almost that long  ..one orchid is probably over 20yrs old now so thought id just make a note of each  as i moved them ..maybe 2 or 3 hundred  plants  ..dunno never counted them ..ill keep checking  replies  to see whats suggested ..at least no fish tanks  this time ..or dogs  ..only got a bird  hes  12  now  goes to sleep on my shoulder ..think he needs a grannie flat

I see. I'm afraid I still have no real idea how big your house is because you didn't give the total floor area. I thought you would tell me in square metres. Unfortunately, in Britain most people aren't sure whether to use square metres or square feet, or for some other reason they end up not using either. I suppose your house is 200-300 square metres, due to low population density, but if it was over here, it would probably be about 100 square metres. Lots of people on here probably have no idea what I'm talking about, though.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
well granny flat is like a small one bedroom unit ..bit  smaller ..basically  i got to a age where work  takes up all my energy  ..so i do have a quieter  life  now..it will be cheaper
so maybe i can put a bit cash aside for that 060/ppc ive always wanted ..
my 20 yrs old orchid  flowered  for first time  last year ..its  been very hot in sydney last year or so  over 42 degrees  some days  ..and its a tropical  heat loving orchid ..arachis ...spider orchid  ...so i reckon climate change  has made it flower  ..
square feet  ???  no idea  ..its a big house  with lots of good an bad memories  ..2 dogs  and my best friend  passed away  here  ..i almost  joined them last year ..but ill still remember this house  as my home..but its time to move on  ..

Offline Dandy

• Show only replies by Dandy
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
Quote from: AmigaBruno;758454

in Britain most people aren't sure whether to use square metres or square feet

Hmmm - they have square feet in Britain?
Do they also have square socks & shoes?
Else walking might become difficult...
;-)
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)