Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DevWare PD library  (Read 1086 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

DevWare PD library
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:23:16 AM »
North American users might remember DevWare. They produced some Video Toaster tools, but before (and during) that time they ran a big library of PD disks, probably the second-most popular collection, after Fred Fish.

It looks like none of that library has made it onto the interwebs. Does anyone know if disk images might be hiding somewhere Google can't see?

I have a number of disks, somewhere. Would be good to get these archived to Aminet...

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: DevWare PD library
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 05:52:12 AM »
Yeah, it sure would be nice to have a repository of the DevWare stuff - I really liked their disks back in the days.

Jesus...  "Back in the days" really rings in how old a dude is getting, doesn't it.  I remember ordering PD disks from the UK in the old days, lol.

Guess I'm 15 going on 41, eh.

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:38:50 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;741165
North American users might remember DevWare. They produced some Video Toaster tools, but before (and during) that time they ran a big library of PD disks, probably the second-most popular collection, after Fred Fish.

It looks like none of that library has made it onto the interwebs. Does anyone know if disk images might be hiding somewhere Google can't see?

I have a number of disks, somewhere. Would be good to get these archived to Aminet...

I think I have a few of these.  How can this be organized?

@ Duce

That's offensive and unnecessary.

Online mechy

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:49:08 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;741165

Nice collection of them here:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AMIGA-Shareware-40-Devware-Collection-Discs-and-24-Input-Collection-Discs-/290918969241?cmd=ViewItem&category=4193&ih=019
maybe the winner will archive them and make them available.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 06:06:21 AM »
Offensive and unnecessary to take a cheap shot at myself (and no one else) for getting older (I'm almost 41) when thinking back on my glory days when PD disks meant the world to me when I was about 15?  OK, whatever floats your boat, lol.  Sorry if I offended anyone in the process of insulting myself...

I chimed in with some serious interest in perhaps getting people together to put these old DevWare disks into some form of repository so we could all enjoy them - they were a terrific source of PD software when I was cutting my teeth on the Amiga.  I took a pot shot at myself and no one else, and The Sensitive Weirdo Network comes out in full force.

So much for community spirit and wanting to show some support towards something a lot of people would enjoy.  I likely have some DevWare disks around myself, I guess I'll keep them to myself along with my completely self depreciating and innocent comments, lest I offend....

Place gets worse by the day.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:24 AM »
I have to say I've never heard of them before, here in the UK 17bit PD was massive and of course the Fred Fish disks were popular too.

I remember a few other PD collections I had but not the names. Lazarus was one I think, might have been based in Scotland.

It would be nice to get all these disks preserved online perhaps getting TOSEC involved might help?

Thanks for the laugh Duce, my tender 36 years makes you look positively ancient! ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »
Quote from: Tenacious;741293
I think I have a few of these.  How can this be organized?

@ Duce

That's offensive and unnecessary.

"That's offensive and unnecessary"

What?

Offline hishamk

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »
Speaking of UK PD libraries, "back in the day" I used to order from Virus Free PD, 17-Bit, NBS and RBF Software. Contributed a few disks as well that ended up on the 17-Bit CD collections, which was cool at the time for a 15 year old :)

Good times.

Moved on to BBSs after that and eventually the internetz.
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA

Offline paul1981

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;741314
"That's offensive and unnecessary"

What?

I think it may have been the "Jesus..." bit. I think Tenacious should tell us himself what he meant. It may have been a joke. Only Tenacious knows! :smack: