Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever !, What Will You Do...  (Read 2819 times)

Description:

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
Re: Amiga Forever !, What Will You Do...
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 30, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »
Quote from: save2600;588210
I disagree with this logic. Kind of like having life insurance for your loved ones... the gift that keeps on giving sort of thing. lol  Good to maintain classic hardware for others (be it family, friends or those who purchase your goods after you're gone) and besides, there's nothing like playing on the real thing. I haven't messed around with emulation too much because I just don't enjoy it. I guess if I didn't have the know-how to keep classic hardware running, I'd be more inclined to pursue the emulation thing.

Simply put though, I like the looks and feel of using vintage/classic equipment. Always have. Always will. Plus, there will always be value in real original hardware. There's little to no value in modern computers emulating real machines. Time has proven this over and over again and not just using computers as an example. ALL vintage electronics, antiques, furniture, autos, etc.

Exactly, if I had a kid I would want him/her to know there was a time when a computer was much more than the pieces of crap sold in shops today, and people had a real choice. OK if this is not something you care about then fair enough. And anyway A500/600/1200s are still easy to find on a daily basis on scumbay :)

And also for me, when the last Commodore built motherboard fails to power up to life in the world then there is no more Amiga, anything other than those machines built by Commodore pre bankruptcy are NOT Amiga.

Emulation is fine, it is great but it is nothing like using a real classic Amiga. You can drive a Ferrari in Gran Turismo or you can drive a Ferrari to get your groceries in real life. One is only similar to the other if you are a bit stupid and never experienced the real thing ;)

Offline motrucker

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 02:13:18 AM »
Please don't mess this argument up with logic.
No one else around here does :hammer: .
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
Quote from: motrucker;588273
Please don't mess this argument up with logic.
No one else around here does :hammer: .

Hmm... there's a certain logic to that argument... ooops sorry that was a bit logical... :roflmao: