Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Found Pics Of My Brain On The Internet...  (Read 2102 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
Found Pics Of My Brain On The Internet...
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:08:09 AM »
Hi folks :)

Thought some of you might find this a bit unusual and even a bit interesting. Since I finally got onto the internet only about 6 weeks ago, one of things I always wanted to find were some images of a medical problem I have in my brain.

Well I finally managed to find one. the actual scan of inside my very own brain. I know if you've read any of my posts that you'll probably be thinking that I'm just joking, but hand on heart its all too very real for me and I would never joke about such a thing.

It was diagnosed in 1999 and is the reason why I am now retired as I am no longer fit enough to work. Its called an Intrecranial Vascular Malformation or IVM for short. Its basicly a clump of malformed blood vessels in the brain that can rupture at anytime leading to all sorts of complication and in most cases death, but hey, we've all got problems and this is just mine.

Anyway I found a picture of the scan showing this thing in my brain on the internet and just thought some of you might find it interesting. After all it's not everyday you get to see inside your own head. :)

If you want a look click the link below (my brain is image E )

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/79/1/47/F1.large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/79/1/47.full.html&usg=__b5__wYrqeEr8xXcXpx5GY-XOcVI=&h=1476&w=870&sz=289&hl=en&start=22&tbnid=BifCvc14TIBEYM:&tbnh=145&tbnw=84&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsivms%2Bimages%26hl%3Den%26prmdo%3D1%26biw%3D1268%26bih%3D760%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C690&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=444&vpy=170&dur=166&hovh=293&hovw=172&tx=70&ty=194&ei=kmNbTLKKIJi8jAe_3dDxAw&oei=F2NbTOiuGdm5jAeQ8KHxAw&esq=11&page=2&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:22&biw=1268&bih=760

Its quite fascinating I think, I know that there's an actual movie type of scan of it where you can actually travel through my brain, I've only been able to see it in the hospital when I get my scans done, but I have sent an email to my consultant to see if he will release it onto the internet as I would love to be able to see it this way myself and just thought it might be of interest to some of you out there.

Well I'm off now, time to spread a few more laughs about (or annoy people) whichever the case may be. :)

Cheers :drink:

Franko

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Found Pics Of My Brain On The Internet...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »
Its quite fascinating I think, I know that there's an actual movie type of scan of it where you can actually travel through my brain, I've only been able to see it in the hospital when I get my scans done, but I have sent an email to my consultant to see if he will release it onto the internet as I would love to be able to see it this way myself and just thought it might be of interest to some of you out there.

It's not this feller, is it?
int p; // A

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »
Nope its not him... :)

Although strangely enough I do look a bit like him (big, tall, skinny beanpole...) :)

And we both seem to have the same strange sense of humor... :python:

Perhaps Mr Cleese has an IVM also, have to have a look for him on my next hospital appointment... :)

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 12:55:55 PM »
Braaaaains.

I found my feet online once (I got club feet).
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline rare_j

• Show only replies by rare_j
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »
My wife's got a few pics like these of her brain.
Whenever we come across them we I laugh, and joke that it's amazing they actually found one.
She laughs too, then later puts worms in my spaghetti.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 03:40:25 AM »
Think I've just found one of the main reasons why my brain is broken. :)
Way, way back when I was just a kid & before I even started school, childhood days were taken up by sitting in front of an old black & white telly with your mum, watching BBC kids programs that came under the banner of 'Watch With Mother'. :)

Now most of my adult life I kept asking folk of around my own age if they remembered as kids a program called Pogles Wood, no one could ever remember it and as the years went by I began to think it had all been in my own imagination. :(

Well 40 odd years later thanks to this interweb net thingy and the magic of your a tube, I can finally prove to myself and others that, even though my little brain may contain some faulty circuits, Pogles Wood was not in my warped little mind and here's the proof. :D

[youtube]mFAFiiCMb_8[/youtube]

I think after watching that, it helps explain a lot about myself... :)