Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Performance Optical Mouse for Amiga in Special Promotion  (Read 1739 times)

Description:

Offline DJSTopic starter

• Show only replies by DJS
    • http://www.elbox.com
Performance Optical Mouse for Amiga in Special Promotion
« on: October 09, 2004, 08:08:41 PM »
Elbox Computer is pleased to announce the Special Promotion bundle offer of the Cocolino PS/2 mouse adapter and the Performance Optical 4D Mouse. Together with the promotional bundle pack you will also receive the original Amiga Boingball mousepad!

The high precision (800 CPI), richly-featured (5 buttons, 2 noiseless wheels), high quality Optical Mouse is Ready to Work in the following Amiga models: Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1000, Amiga 1200, Amiga 2000, Amiga 3000 and Amiga 4000.

The Special Promotion package contents:
• 2-wheel & 5-button 4D Optical Mouse
• Cocolino PS/2 Mouse Interface
• software supporting wheels and additional buttons
• original Amiga Boingball mousepad

The offer is valid till 24 October.

To enjoy this offer, visit:
Special Offer page for customers from the European Union,
Special Offer page for customers from other countries.

High time to give your Amiga a new mouse, isn't it?

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
Re: Performance Optical Mouse for Amiga in Special Promotion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 06:31:18 AM »
Does this adaptor REQUIRE any special driver software to be run?  For example, if I boot into the early startup menu, will I be able to use a PS/2 mouse or would I have to plug in my old Amiga mouse.  I actually access the early startup menu a lot or boot with no startup a lot so it would be a pain to have to swap mice every time I do this.
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline lordv

• Show only replies by lordv
    • http://lvd.nm.ru
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 10:02:49 AM »
Well, I should write that anyway...

On aminet there is ps2m.lha file. With full schematics/sotware/etc of the similar ps/2 mouse adapter. If you aren't just ordinary user-allbuyer :), try this at first.

Offline lordv

• Show only replies by lordv
    • http://lvd.nm.ru
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 10:09:15 AM »
@mpiva

Does this adaptor REQUIRE any special driver software to be run? For example, if I boot into the early startup menu, will I be able to use a PS/2 mouse or would I have to plug in my old Amiga mouse.

Well, ps2m adapter does NOT require special driver to run and works perfectly in the early-startup menu as well as in any game. The only driver you need is a wheel driver.

Assuming Elbox to have a bit of common sense, their controller should perform in the same way...

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 02:30:08 PM »
if you had read the entire News, you would have seen that Cocolino doesn't require drivers and works even with the early SS.

if . . .

Offline mpiva

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 04:31:29 AM »
@ Framiga

Perhaps I'm blind but I've read over the News item again several times and do not see what you are refering to.  When the news item first came out I remember even going to amiga-hardware.com to see if it would clarify before posting my message.

If you're refering to the phrase "Ready to Work", my personal opinion is that that is a VERY vague phrase which could mean almost anything.  Could you tell me what line contains the words "doesn't require drivers" and any mention of the early startup menu?  Please, I'm really curious.
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 09:29:50 AM »
. . .following the "Special Offer Page" link:

"To enjoy this offer, visit product page in the Interface category."

Bye :-)

Offline mpiva

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 04:40:15 AM »
Sorry, but at this very moment I'm looking at the exact page you provide a link to and still don't see any mention of drivers or the early startup menu.  All it says is:

01>A great value in a full-featured 4D Optical
02>Mouse and the Cocolino PS/2 Mouse Interface.
03>The Dual Scrolling Wheels allow easily view all
04>page contents with its vertically and
05>horizontally scrolling wheels. Not only does
06>the 800 CPI (Counts Per Inch) Optical
07>Resolution delivers absolute precision, but
08>also works on almost any surface with pin point
09>accuracy.
10>
11>Mouse features:
12>• smooth and very precise - 800 CPI resolution,
13>• the stylish both hand design,
14>• two wheels allow to scroll without using 15>scrollbars,
16>• three additional programmable buttons.
17>
18>
19>The package contents:
20>• 2-wheel & 5-button 4D Optical Mouse
21>• Cocolino PS/2 Mouse Interface

I've numbered the lines so you can point out EXACTLY where this says what you claim.  I'm really quite confused how I can be so blind at seeing something so appearently obvious to you.
-- Michael A. Piva --

-Dave Haynie

Offline Gerbinist

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 08:23:32 AM »
Did you forget to put on your glasses? ;-)

Cocolino converts the PS/2 mouse protocol to the Amiga Mouse Port format. The conversion is effected entirely by the interface microprocessor, so NO additional software drivers are required. The interface starts working on the computer's start-up, so the 4D Optical Mouse connected through the Cocolino interface may be used even in the early-startup-menu.

I didn't number the lines, cause it seems quite obvious now. I clicked on the link and saw this text appear in the 2nd alinea.

Greets
Current: OS 3.1.4, Blizzard 1260/50, 64 MB, AGA, CF, Ryś MKII, PCMCIA/CNET
Storage: Elbox E/BOX 1200, SCSI Kit IV, Mediator SX, Voodoo3/4/5, RTL8139 Ethernet, Spider USB 2.0, PixelView PlayTV MPEG2, Terratec 512i, MAS MP3 Player

Offline mpiva

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 05:46:31 PM »
Well... something's changed.  When I click on the link NOW, it is very obvious and states it quite clearly.  However, I when I copy and pasted the text that was there a couple of days ago and that can be seen in my previous email, this information was NOT included.  Interesting...
-- Michael A. Piva --

-Dave Haynie