Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microsoft to take over Google ?  (Read 1906 times)

Description:

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
Re: Microsoft to take over Google ?
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 01, 2003, 08:16:53 PM »
Obviously, YOU don't live in Texas. They stil have to campaign and be voted into office. That's how it's done here. Yes, they are appointed their terms for life, but we still have the right to 'vote' them into office. How they do it your home state, is different. Then again, I've lived in Texas for 10 years and this is one of the most @$$-backwards states I've ever lived in. How a state could make a 'right to work' a priviledge is beyond me.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Kent

• Show only replies by Kent
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=87
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2003, 04:33:14 AM »
If MS were to purchase google, I'd either stop searching the web or find some other non-microsoft affiliated search engine to use.  I would even chip in my two bits to a company who started a service much like google with the entire logic geared around thumbing their noses at microsoft.  I despise MS.  I find it unfortunate that one of my larger contracts requires me to use Windows for development (IIS and ASPs) otherwise I wouldn't touch the junk.

:pint:
I love the modern age world of this middle age crises America... all these SUVs driving around like there\\\'s gas to spare and then some.

http://www.RequestFocus.com

W. Kent Seaton ~ RequestFocus.com

Offline MobbyG

• Occupy Amiga
    • Show only replies by MobbyG
    • http://www.amigaz.org
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2003, 07:44:46 AM »
I am really surprised that Bill hasn't taken over the Utilities of the US yet.??

Bill Gates = Illuminati

Think about it....   :-D
-=:[ Rich Lawrence ]:=-

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
The worst part is, google have been hoarding everyone's searches for a decade.

A decade?  Four years at the very most.  Most people used Altavista, Yahoo et al up till that time.

Offline toRus

• Show only replies by toRus
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2003, 07:37:54 PM »
That's unlikely to happen despite M$ strong interest in Search Engine technology lately and google's problems. They can't afford to pay so much money just to kill the opposition. M$ is working in their own search engine which will be as unbiased and robust as all their existing products ;-)