Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dune 2 patch  (Read 2013 times)

Description:

Offline MuzunguTopic starter

• Show only replies by Muzungu
Re: Dune 2 patch
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 15, 2008, 12:13:40 AM »
1NOM155,

Yeah, that link leads to a document that shows you how to manually "crack" Dune II to remove the copy protection, but that's it.

Piru,

Those search results lead to cheats mislabeled as patches that just give you trainers or make the game generally easier to beat.  They don't fix the 255 object or the building on vehicles bugs.

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 12:27:32 AM »

-D- wrote:
Too bad there isn't a patch to allow selection of more than one unit at a time ;-) I (still) love Dune 2, but that aspect does make the game a bit tedious.

Yeah, I think the constant "Yes sir." and "Movin' out" is starting to drive my girlfriend a little buggy.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 12:30:02 AM »

Angus wrote:

Trev wrote:
Well, it *was* the first modern RTS game. What do you expect? ;-)

I think its great, and have no problem with its layout - although the only thing I regret is that after clicking on a unit you then have to click on an "action" and then the location/target. Its a shame they didn't manage a context sensitive interface cutting out the middle step.

But like you say, it was the first, and I don't see there's been much progress with the genre that isn't superficial.

I agree, which is why I use the hotkeys instead of clicking on the actions on the sidebar; it's a lot faster than moving the mouse back and forth.