Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Explorer Trouble :'(  (Read 854 times)

Description:

Offline NatonTopic starter

• Show only replies by Naton
Amiga Explorer Trouble :'(
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
Sorry for another noobie question about this, but I just bought Amiga explorer and I'm getting an error I can't find the solution to on Google. I've hooked up the 25 pin serial port on my A1000 to a 9 pin connecter plugged into the COMA serial port header on my motherboard. I've run the setup with WB1.3 booted and typed in the propper commands, however a few steps in when the Amiga is expected to display the line **BREAK it doesn't, and if I continue with the setup it displays 'Error reading from com port'. It does this even without the Amiga connected so I doubt anything's getting through.. Anoyone know how to get it going?

Offline terminator4

• Show only replies by terminator4
    • http://none
Re: Amiga Explorer Trouble :'(
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 07:43:43 PM »
You bought Amiga Explorer?  Well ask whoever you bought this from.
Have you used the serial port before?  Where did you get your null modem cable, perhaps that thing is not right - see pinout on Cloanto's page.  I'd begin by checking null modem pinout.

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »
I always get the "Error reading from com port" when starting AE, simply refreshing the window fixes this.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
The A1000's serial port doesn't follow the typical pinout. I can't remember if it's a simple gender-change issue, or if some of the pins are actually wired differently, so you might need some other adapters. Cloanto's knowledge base hopefully has some info...

Offline lovrenco

• Show only replies by lovrenco
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:54:45 PM »
Ok, when I tested AE and serial cable, it didnt work on A500. I used factory made serial cable for PC. then I made serial cable by myself, using scheme from Amiga Explorer web page. that cable worked like charm on A500 and A1200.