Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amigas that were never made  (Read 1109 times)

Description:

Offline paulvmTopic starter

• Show only replies by paulvm
amigas that were never made
« on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
I was wondering if it would be possible for uea in the future to emulate so of the amigas that were never made. like a 4000 with a 8 or 16 meg angus, or the AAA chipset, or even 68k with ppc boards.

Offline MayhemMaybe

• Show only replies by MayhemMaybe
Re: amigas that were never made
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 03:51:42 PM »
WinUAE already allows you to run the emulator with 8MB Chip RAM.

As for AAA, I doubt there is any software therefore not much of a reason to write an emulator for it. Then again, MESS can emulate a C65 which was never released but working units managed to get out into many peoples hands (mine included) after Commodore was sold off. That is what gave people the ability to work up emulation of it. I don't think there are that many AAA machines around for people to poke at to come up with emulators for it. I could be wrong though. I would love to have one of those machines in my collection, but you just never see them.
When a wrong remains a wrong a right remains a right
Darkness is darkest just before the light so keep strong
The road is rough, the road is tough, the road is long
On it alone or with a group either way
as long as one stays on it...
There will b...

Offline Oli_hd

• Show only replies by Oli_hd
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 04:13:20 PM »
I would love to have one of those machines in my collection, but you just never see them.

I saw an Amiga Nyx on Ebay one, it was on auction by Dave Haynie but it never made the reserve, was relisted and never made the reserve again. (I think it got to $600)
The second time I was the highest bidder  :-)

It was dead though, someone had put the kickstart simm in wrong and blown it up I think.

I would love one too.  :cry:

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
The AAA was never even close to being completed, so there cannot be a emulator for it, and there was no software.  UAE already supports Gybergraphx so it sort of supports AAA ;)

I saw that AAA on ebay, I bet its the one from the Deathbed vigil!  (the non working one)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »
UAE should support the A1 next, but that would require major work for the PPC emulation.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 10:41:11 AM »

redrumloa wrote:
UAE should support the A1 next, but that would require major work for the PPC emulation.

There are plenty of PPC emulators out there, from which to rip the code... and some even have PPC->x86 JIT code!

Offline whiteb

• Show only replies by whiteb
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »
I was wondering if it would be possible for uea in the future to emulate so of the amigas that were never made. like a 4000 with a 8 or 16 meg angus, or the AAA chipset, or even 68k with ppc boards.

Agnus never went over 2MB of chip, but WinUAE supports 8MB of Chipram.

The AAA Chipset was never fully released (only a few prototypes existed), so i do not think it will be emulated any time soon.

And hey, why do you need PPC emulation, just use a 2+Ghz CPU PC with WinUAE with JIT enabled.., that should do.
A4000D - CSMKII//128MB/IDE CF/Indivision Scandoubler
A1200
A1000

(And now a Minimig) :>)

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »
And hey, why do you need PPC emulation, just use a 2+Ghz CPU PC with WinUAE with JIT enabled.., that should do.

MorphOS?  WarpOS?  Demos that expect a BPPC or CSPPC?  Basically all the stuff that requires PPC actually REQUIRES PPC.  Having a stupidly fast 680x0 emulation isn't really helpful.  

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
Heh heh. That'll be pretty funny, I think. Odds are, at least with the first versions of PPC emulation in UAE, that the 68K stuff will be significantly faster. Oh, the irony. :-)