Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Post Office fined (at last!)  (Read 1164 times)

Description:

Offline VincentTopic starter

• Show only replies by Vincent
Post Office fined (at last!)
« on: February 10, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »
From the BBC (where else ;-) )

Royal Mail is facing a record £11.4m fine for failing to adequately prevent mail being lost, damaged or stolen.

Royal Mail has admitted that more than 14 million letters and parcels were lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with last year.

However, it insists that its service is one of the safest in the world.

:lol:

Okay, so 14 million out of 22 billion isn't a lot percentage wise but it's still a hell of a lot of mail to go missing.  And they're going to be appealing against the decision.

I wonder who ended up getting my DOpus Mag II... thankfully the second copy was recieved in it's proper condition :-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Turambar

• Show only replies by Turambar
    • http://gentleman-bastards.com/
Re: Post Office fined (at last!)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
@Turambar

Yeah, I wish :lol:

Parcel Farce are just the pits when it comes to screwing you around with packages. The delivery notes on the last thing I had delivered by them had "deliver to between 10am-6pm any day except monday.".

They delivered it at 8am on monday morning when nobody was there, then left a message card and wouldn't redeliver due to an outstanding customs charge (grr) they managed to incur and told me to go to their main depot (three miles away in the absolute-no-parking-hotspot of town) the next day (which is bloody awkward during work hours).

I did this and they had lost the parcel. It took a week for them to find it again.

W***ers.
int p; // A

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »

Karlos wrote:
Parcel Farce are just the pits when it comes to screwing you around with packages.

Yup, I think we've all been victims to their f*ck ups at some point  :madashell:
I sometimes think the inability to read an address is prime requirement to being a postie, or maybe they just employ McDonalds rejects.

Many years ago I ordered a 56k modem, asked them to deliver it at work as there would be noone home to sign for it. I stayed late at work just incase Parcel Force were running late but nothing turned up. Drove home, totally p*ssed off and guess what was dumped on my doorstep in plain view of anyone walking by ..?
Nope, not my modem but a tin of yacht varnish
(with someone elses name and address on it , an address 12 bloody miles away. Neither the names or addresses were remotely similar so why it got dumped at mine can only be be down to the driver being an utter moron. )
 I found a number for the address on the tin, phoned him up and guess what he had delivered to him that morning :roll: . Neither of us wanted to trust PF again, god knows what we'd end up with so I had to drive over and swap parcels..
On schedule, and suing

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 01:57:57 AM »
Pacelforce is not Royal Mail by the way.

They are two completely separate companies.

Have been for a looooooooooooooooong time now.

Offline steve30

• Show only replies by steve30
    • http://www.stevecoates.net
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:59:25 PM »
I once sent someone a cheque for £10. They lost that (or the person I sent it to lied). It was one ordered from my online banking service so the money had already come out of my account.

For parcels I've never had a problem with them. Over the last year I've had tons of stuff delivered by them and (despite the way they handle them), they all arrived quickely and in good condition.

Someone who works for royal mail said that they treat non special delivery parcels like s***, but I had two amiga monitors delivered by them and they arrived fine.

I have heard of parcels going missing, but it amazes me how difficult it would be to lose something bigger than DL envolope.

I still think royal mail is the best option for most things though as there are post offices all over the place, and they are very cheap.