Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vertical line on a monitor  (Read 1424 times)

Description:

Offline GavTopic starter

• Show only replies by Gav
Vertical line on a monitor
« on: November 18, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »
Hi
My dad gave me his packard Bell monitor which has been hardly used so gives a crisp picture.Now on the left hand side of the screen i can see a vertical flicking line right down the screen on light backgrounds.
Now i never changed any monitor screen settings in P96 or whatever so could that have something to do with it or are most monitors standard settings???
Cheers
A1200,BPPC603e+@240mhz-060@50mhz/Scsi2 192mb,Powerflyer,Mediator SX,Voodoo 3000,SB128,Tv card,SD/FF,Ethernet,CDRW.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Re: Vertical line on a monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 05:27:01 PM »
have you tried the monitor connected to anything apart fro your amiga, might be a fault with the monitor
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 05:34:33 PM »
on your monitor make sure your display does not run off the sides of the screen. i have seen monitors "ghost" on the edges if that happens. if you find that may be the case you can adjust it using the on screen menu/dials on the monitor.

if that is not the case. try your monitor on another system if you can. if it is still there more than likely(but not definitely) you have a problem with the monitor.

if the line disappears when using on another system. this points to the vid card or settings on your system. check these things and maybe someone else can help you more.
The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline steve30

• Show only replies by steve30
    • http://www.stevecoates.net
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 10:26:53 PM »
Just had a play with my Dell monitor and I got a faint line when the picture moved off the edge of the screen.

I think that that is probably the most likely problem.

Another thing to try is are you running the monitor at compatible resolutions or refresh rates? You probably are, but it's worth checking.