Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to find a song  (Read 902 times)

Description:

Offline X-rayTopic starter

• Show only replies by X-ray
Trying to find a song
« on: December 19, 2004, 12:16:46 PM »
Well, people, I have tried Google, I have tried various websites related to lyric searches, and I have posted questions on several music boards. But this is my last stand. I'm trying to identify a song that I heard on the radio in the late 90s. Here's what I know:

The song starts off with an electric guitar intro that is definitely based on the background guitar track found in Status Quo's "Whatever You Want".
I don't know anything about the band other than the fact that it has a male lead singer, and I don't recall any female voices in the song I am looking for. There were quite a few electronic pops and melodies after each chorus, and the only words I remember are:

"she's fantastic, the things she does with plastic"
(could also have been "you're fantastic, the things you do with plastic".

Does anybody here know what this is? It's getting so that I'll pay just to know the band name and the name of the song. I reckon that as we have members here of the right 'vintage' and from all over the globe, I might get lucky.

Offline seer

• Show only replies by seer
Re: Trying to find a song
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:58:38 PM »
What kind of genre ? Only thing I can come up with is something from Oasis, (she's electric came in my mind) but I really doubt that's it.  :-)
~
Everything you say will be misquoted and used against you.
~

Offline X-rayTopic starter

• Show only replies by X-ray
Re: Trying to find a song
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »
@ Seer

I don't know diddly about music, but the song is in the same kind of 'vein' as these:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Rollercoaster
Blind Melon - Galaxie
Ash - Girl From Mars
Space - The Female of the Species
Crescent - Parrallel (yes, they spell it two rs)
Seahorses - Love is The Law
Supernaturals - Lazy Lover

But really...the song I'm thinking of doesn't fit any of these moulds comfortably. The key is that the lead singer sounds like a young guy, his voice is remarkably similar to the lead singer of the all-female band L7 in fact (okay L7 are hard birds, but you get the picture).