Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 50/50 about posting this here the way this place has disintegrated...  (Read 2040 times)

Description:

Offline Hattig

• Show only replies by Hattig
Re: 50/50 about posting this here the way this place has disintegrated...
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 21, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »
Do you mean Eliminator?

I can see how pre-calculated would work for a simple game like Buck Rogers. I guess if you wanted more complex trenches and flight paths then you would need something like the '3d' engine from Powerdrift, but that would involve even more overdraw.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:17:13 PM by Hattig »

Offline Amiga_NutTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
Yes Eliminator, wasn't sure of the name.

My version will look more like a complete floor edge to edge as in Space Harrier, but with a texture not just checker board pattern :)

I may compress it more so you get one new floor texture per level and if I use 1 disk per level this should be OK.

Offline Tension

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »
This text is only here so I can write capitals.

OCS?
Meh.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
OCS with over 128 colours on screen yes.

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 11:49:14 PM »
Have been working quite hard on my textured floor graphics last few days, so far this is what I have for two different texture styles for the desert. Sand dunes and dry desert lake bed. I have also uploaded a sand dune texture without the copperlist on which simulates the depth cueing to a sandy yellow haze at the horizon. The non copperlist image has the palette exaggerated for contrast spread and the final image is unlikely to have those 4 specific colours.

Still a huge amount of work to do before I can get going on a basic engine but the first steps are done at last and I am happy with my source graphics for the texture rendering routines. Creating the seamless textures had to be done by hand and this took me a lot of time. Now it's just graphic artist donkey working to push out 2 lots of 32 frames or something that I can start building a basic flight engine around. The size of the graphics mean the first engine will be in 320x256 PAL dimensions, the NTSC engine will be re-written to to tilt the graphics at a more shallow angle so I can save 40 odd pixels in screen height to make it workable on 320x200 NTSC mode.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:53:27 PM by Amiga_Nut »