Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why are young dudes dressing like 'queens', these days?  (Read 6608 times)

Description:

Offline darksun9210

Re: Why are young dudes dressing like 'queens', these days?
« Reply #89 from previous page: October 04, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
i'm thinking of going completely the other way. it's Movember coming up, and what could go better with some full on victorian face fuzz, than a waistcoat, stovepipe top hat, and pocket watch.

actually, the modern pocket watch idea i've been trying to realise. round, gold bodied touchscreen phone, with lid, in pocket watch style. bluetooth headset in hat maybe?  

would love an excuse to wear a waistcoat and stuff, and generally look "the bollocks" (this is a good thing).

one worry that has been raised, is that these floppy haircuts that cover one eye are leading to an increase in childhood "lazy eye". doesn't effect older teens or adults so much as the muscles are more developed. But in younger people, it seems more prevelent.

i had a little chuckle to myself at that one.

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline djos

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »
Quote from: that_punk_guy;105641
Emo, pre-2001: More cerebral sub-genre of punk/indie-rock. The lyrics are non-political, instead being rather obsessive (names, dates, times and places are often noted) musings on love, hope, desperation, etc. The musical style varies from full-tilt hardcore to acoustic stuff, but is generally melancholic (although not always melodic) and rhythmically off-kilter.

Emo, post-2001: A haircut.

Reminds of a joke I heard from a comedian ages ago (cant even remeber who it was) that went:

I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself!

:roflmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 03:17:51 PM »
Maybe you should spend less time in gay bars...

Quote from: iamaboringperson;103044
What's with yellow spikey hair, stupid colored T-Shirts with silly logo's on them, womens blouses, womens pants, and 'man-bags' ?

So many 18 to 22 Y/O dudes I see around this area are dressing like that.

Somebody please tell me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Quote from: darksun9210;710247
i'm thinking of going completely the other way. it's Movember coming up, and what could go better with some full on victorian face fuzz, than a waistcoat, stovepipe top hat, and pocket watch.

actually, the modern pocket watch idea i've been trying to realise. round, gold bodied touchscreen phone, with lid, in pocket watch style. bluetooth headset in hat maybe?  

would love an excuse to wear a waistcoat and stuff, and generally look "the bollocks" (this is a good thing).

one worry that has been raised, is that these floppy haircuts that cover one eye are leading to an increase in childhood "lazy eye". doesn't effect older teens or adults so much as the muscles are more developed. But in younger people, it seems more prevelent.

i had a little chuckle to myself at that one.

Waistcoat and pocket watch would be awesome.
I have a soviet army coat I tend to wear in the fall, and I've been meaning to get a pocket watch to go with it, as pulling out your cell phone to check the time just seems wrong (no cell phones on the five year plan!)

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
I don't really mind the fruitcakes.  They're odd, but at least a little bit amusing.
I'm more bothered by all the generic white trash sporting goatees and stereotypical tattoos.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »
Here in portland, it feels weird if you /don't/ see a "dude look like a lady" (aerosmith moment there).

What i am tired up is the urban-pseudo hippie/hipster trash. Goatee/moustache, knitted hats, "ironic" 80's tshirts and a bottle of PBR while rocking out to their Ipod.

**** you people.

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
Daym, that's a nice necro! :D

Also, hipsters are still dressing wierdly.
Beating the dead horse since 2002.