Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who owns AmigaOS?  (Read 12394 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Who owns AmigaOS?
« Reply #59 from previous page: February 23, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;617531
Ok, calm down... If this were real life we'd be having some banter over a couple of pints and a packet of dry roasted.

I'm just typing my thoughts as we all are, I've got a pretty good idea what I want to say, and while it can be hard to get a subtle point across, always try and look for one.

Okey dokey, agreed on that point... :)

And to be honest I'm fed up with all this cutting and pasting posts and trying to feed the squirrels at the same time... :)

Never take anything I say as offensive, I post the same way as I talk, it's just how we all talk in this neck of the woods and very rarely do we ever fall out over it... :)

Gotta admit though, just like in the real world with friends & family I'm a bit of a wind up merchant and if you knew me personally you'd understand that.

Only once has it ever led to physical violence when an American geezer on holiday here who joined our crowd in the pub couldn't understand my "humour" and cracked me over the skull with a bottle of bud... :)

It's really just my way of saying things and I guess unless you live round these parts or understand the kind of people we are here, then I suppose things like I say can be a bit misunderstood or misconstrued by outsiders or those not from our village... ;)

Reckon I'll give it a break for today after I say something to thebilgerat... :)

@TheBilgeRat

Oi you... ya scabby wee rat faced git you... :madashell:

Scotland is NOT an island it a ruddy country, Heck even Englands a Country, just cos your's is bigger than ours doesn't mean you have to slag us off for it... ;)

Now Ireland on the other hand, that's a wee pokey island full of strange talking folk... :D

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
Quote from: sim085;616905
Now I was wondering; who owns what?

Oh, I do. Have a copy of Amiga OS 3.0 right here!

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Quote from: Franko;617541
@TheBilgeRat

Oi you... ya scabby wee rat faced git you... :madashell:

Scotland is NOT an island it a ruddy country, Heck even Englands a Country, just cos your's is bigger than ours doesn't mean you have to slag us off for it... ;)

You like my shoes?  Thanks - bought them on sale at the REI... :D

Offline Franko

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
Can we have subtitles in here... :)

I never said I licked your shoesies... :)

PS: Whatsa REI ???

Offline minator

• Show only replies by minator
    • http://www.blachford.info
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
So, the answer is probably Amiga inc. but no one really knows for sure.

But it leads to a more difficult question:
Who owns Kickstart /Workbench 3.2?

Amiga inc. don't appear to have any claim to it and it'll certainly not be Hyperion, so who is it?

Offline number6

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;617451
And last but not least, the agreement specifies exactly how a bancruptcy of any of the "Amiga parties" would have to be handled.

You're referring to the leins?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 09:28:46 PM »
Quote from: minator;617555
So, the answer is probably Amiga inc. but no one really knows for sure.

But it leads to a more difficult question:
Who owns Kickstart /Workbench 3.2?

Amiga inc. don't appear to have any claim to it and it'll certainly not be Hyperion, so who is it?

Petro? :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 12:25:24 AM »
Quote from: sim085;616905
Hello, I do not wish yo start any sort of dog fight, I just lost track on who owns (at least the code base) of AmigaOS. The last AmigaOS was developed by Hyperion Entertainment. Some months ago Hyperion Entertainment announced that they had agreed/settled with Amiga Inc. and that they will release a new version of AmigaOS. Then Commodore US entered in the scene. Amiga Inc. and Commodore US announced that they had an agreement on the Amiga brand name.  Hyperion Entertainment cried foul and that is where I did not continue to follow. Now I was wondering; who owns what?

Hi,

I own Amiga OS, it came with my original Amiga 1000 back in 1985, it also came with my Amiga 4000 in 1992, and my Amiga 1200 in 1997. So I own Amiga OS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.5, and 3.9. Purchased everyone that didn't come with an Amiga. Sure nuff did.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »
Hi,

@Franko,

Only once has it ever led to physical violence when an American geezer on holiday here who joined our crowd in the pub couldn't understand my "humour" and cracked me over the skull with a bottle of bud...

Damn American,

Not only didn't he understand your sense of humor, he didn't know what kind of beer to drink, but breaking the bottle of Bud over your head, at least he didn't waste a good beer.

Now Ireland on the other hand, that's a wee pokey island full of strange talking folk...  and just what part of Ireland is the city of Scotland in.

Ah yes lass the wee people are going to pay you a visit.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline Franko

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 01:21:28 AM »
Hi Smerf... :)

Naw... the bottle didn't break, just made a bit of a bump on the back of my napper and a strange hollow sound... :)

Can't remember the guys name but I do recall he came from Washington State, and it was something to with my comment that Washington was indeed in a ruddy state that he bonked me over the noggin with the bud... :)

Still it all turned out quite well after a few blows were thrown we all sat down and had a good laugh and got even more tipsy as the night wore on... we never saw him again after that but he had the weirdest accent ever, bit like a cross between Bob Hope and Shirley Temple with a bunged up nose... :)

Now on a more serious not Scotland is not an ISLAND nor is it a wee CITY somewhere in the land of the wee folk, it's a ruddy well (almost) independent COUNTRY that just so happen to float about between the Irish & North seas, with a tacky wee place called England nailed on to the bottom half of it... :)

The wee people visit me every day, to get their daily dose of nuts, I've got the foties to prove it... ;)

Cheers

Franko

Offline smerf

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:48 AM »
Hi,

@Franko,

Just don't let the wee people go wee wee all over the place.

smerf