Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: behaviour (bad)  (Read 4057 times)

Description:

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
Re: behaviour (bad)
« Reply #74 from previous page: November 08, 2003, 06:22:30 AM »
@ Epyx

Or we could just say that all the European languages are related anyway (well, apart from the Finno-Ugric or Altaic languages) :-)

----------------

I don't see why some people, like sir_inferno, feel the need to get people's backs up anyway. I love languages, they are one of my passions. I love the nuances of each language! Far from wanting to get involved in petty squabbles about which is better, I'd rather just learn more languages. In fact, I should spend more time doing that than posting on here!

I am currently trying to teach myself Dutch and Estonian, I learned Russian at university, French and Latin at school, a very good friend of mine teaches me bits of Lithuanian when we get together in London for a drink (bah, non-alcoholic now of course)  and I can tell you, the impression I get of languages is that they are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle - the more pieces you have the easier it is to see the picture...  
I like Amigas

Offline EpyxWork

• Show only replies by EpyxWork
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2003, 07:10:45 AM »
@cyberus

Agreed, I share the same feeling about languages. Something that should be embraced not ridiculed.

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2003, 09:51:38 AM »
@cyberus

I am currently trying to teach myself Dutch and Estonian, I learned Russian at university, French and Latin at school, a very good friend of mine teaches me bits of Lithuanian when we get together in London for a drink (bah, non-alcoholic now of course) and I can tell you, the impression I get of languages is that they are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle - the more pieces you have the easier it is to see the picture...

***NO COMMENT NO QUOTATION ZONE***

i don't ridicule languages, just i don't like it when there are veriations which weren't meant to be there... And when people say they speak english, but they really speak "australian" or "american"

***NO COMMENT NO QUOTATION ZONE***

:-D
anwyay, i only learn languages if i need to...
Like if i'm going to spend five years in germany, i'll learn german, but anyway...this topic is now thouroughly dry  :-)

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2003, 09:55:16 AM »
edit: Removed something which was unnecessarily rude. However it wasn't as quoted below - what I said was in Italian
I like Amigas

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2003, 09:59:53 AM »
bah, you go to hell

fek off  :-D