Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eyetech speaks out on Terrasoft and Deliveries  (Read 3368 times)

Description:

Offline Hondo

• Show only replies by Hondo
Re: Eyetech speaks out on Terrasoft and Deliveries
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2003, 07:44:01 AM »
Uhh......well.....while we're waiting, it could be nice to see a new feature list. After all...it's been 2 months since the first one.

Or maybe just reveal the secrets of club amiga magazine to the rest of us.....HELLO......WE'RE STARVING HERE!!!  :-?  ;-)

Offline Kurt

• Show only replies by Kurt
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2003, 08:19:39 AM »
What I really like about the Morphos TROLLS
is how every conversation
ALWAY'S has a Dig on the Amigaone
and it is almost always false or a gross exaggeration.
IF the Pegasos is so good why can't it stand on it's own two feet and not need to constantly put down the competition with constant lies and innuendos.

MARKTIME I call you on this
especially since you have made numerous posts stating this over and over again.

If Eyetech gouges people like you say what do you call selling a Pegasos board for more than I paid
for my Aone.
Especially since Genesi doesn't have to pay for the "AOS dongle" your words Marktime. You sir have gone on about how expensive it is for the Amiga License  and how onerous it is for a company to get it. ( not true but the Morphos crowd is big on lies light on truth )

Now explain yourself.

I paid $550 delivered for my Aone board from my local Amiga dealer. If you want I can scan and post my invoice so you can call the dealer and verify the price. Terrasoft offered the same board for 499.00 when it was on their site sans delivery. Of course I don't think terrasoft has ever shipped a board yet for any price. Not a dig against Terrasoft just that they are having a hard time getting things finalized. But since you and other MorphOS Trolls have hammered time and time again about the price difference of the Actual Aone prices versus proposed terrasoft prices

Yet strangely when I asked for a price for a Pegasos board same specs 600mhz G3 I was told $610 delivered whoa! isn't Genesi supposed to be the white knights the slayers of the evil Amiga Inc..
How come the same spec board is more money especially since they don't have to pay for the Amiga Dongle as YOU!!! Like to call it.

So if Amiga Inc. is gouging Amiga Users what is Genesi doing?

The way you and others have made it sound in your LIES!! The Pegasos board should be much cheaper.
How come it is not?
Is the TRUTH perhaps that Amigaone and the Pegasos are priced accordingly to what they cost the companies to make. And that you and others of your ilk are just liars.

The sad truth for Genesi is if they had done the smart thing they would have allowed Hyperion to make AmigaOS4 available for the Pegasos and the Blizzard. They would have sold many more boards then they will ever do now and their would be more software available for the new boards. Because developers would have to program for just one OS. Also the many Amiga users who are currently sitting on the fence. Would be buying boards not waiting to see how things shake out before purchasing either system. This is exactly what put the old PHASE V out of business them and their stupid WARP/Power War. It slowed down software development and many Amiga user just waited for the dust to settle before purchasing a PPC board. They still have not learned from their mistakes.

Kurt

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show only replies by PulsatingQuasar
    • http://none
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2003, 08:22:03 AM »
This is a great piece of news!

Luckily the Terrasoft thing has been cleared up so no more crap from that side.

Hmmm... Evetech has bought the most so far!! Good.

Earlybird A1-XE/G4, remaining and remaining A1-SE/G3. Great! They have more.

I just hope they ship to the Netherlands first  :-)  :-).

Afterall, were closest to them   :roll:  :roll:

And then  :hammer:  :hammer:
BlizzardPPC powered!!
AmigaOne-XE G3 800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 8500, OS4

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2003, 08:59:09 AM »
Just wait another two weeks(TM)!  :-P
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2003, 09:42:24 AM »
Hmmm... Evetech has bought the most so far!! Good.

Perhaps it's because Eyetech is only one using and selling those Teron boards at all. Even if they had purchased only 50 they would have been biggest buyer so far..  :-o

What I can't see is what's great in this?

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2003, 09:45:30 AM »
@Kurt

This is about comments from Eyetech on a mailing list, why are you mentioning MorphOS/Pegasos? Start a new thread or stop trying to flame.

Offline teo

• Show only replies by teo
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 10:32:10 AM »
@Paul_Gadd

I dont pay enough attention to you to know what you support or why you posted such negativity, but your first post seems to be a little misplaced, i conceed that kurts was even more so, but it would be wise to hold back on calling flamebate when your first post could be read in the same light.

"My mum said, if you not going to say anything nice, dont say anything at all" It may be an overused cliche, but perhaps we should pay it more credit.

How about this "if your not going to say anything nice, phrase it better" eg, You say "lack of communication is bad" why dont you try "I would rather they kept us in the loop more often!" ;-)

posted in good faith.

Offline ikir

• Show only replies by ikir
    • http://www.ikirsector.it
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2003, 12:31:51 PM »
Dual G4 1,x Ghz  :crazy:

Offline FuZion

• Show only replies by FuZion
    • http://www.deceptiveaudio.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2003, 07:15:55 PM »
Now that DOES sound like an interesting combination.

Two G4's in a dual set up running at 1.3Ghz each... Does my maths add up correct or would this be quicker that a Spectrum +2? ;-)

Time to save some more pennies me thinks.

Keep going Eyetech (& buddies) we have faith in you.

Offline Kurt

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2003, 02:15:25 AM »
I was really not trying to start a flame war But I am truly SICK of people like marktime who at every chance spout the official MorphOS propaganda. Marktime knows for a fact that Terrasoft never offered the G4 boards for $500 that the price reflected was for the G3 boards.
At each and every opportunity Marktime and his fellows crash in on every Amigaone thread and spout garbage. About how Eyetech is gouging the poor Amiga user by charging such high prices.

I just got sick of it and called him on it.

I don't do subtle digs and left handed compliments

I am a marine, I don't do subtle.
I go for a full frontal Attack..

I actually thought I was being civil and holding back.

Sorry if I offended anybody

Kurt

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2003, 05:11:21 AM »
Kurt: Nowhere in Marktime's post did he mention Morphos. He was just stating his opinion. Specificly, as in the end of his post, that he mentally inserts UNLESS which to him helps certain statements match the reality of what actually happens. To me, it was basically a restatement of what Allen Redhouse said, that the dates he gives are taget dates (ie. soft deadlines). It's what Eyetech is aiming for. If thinks go the way they plan or think they should go, they make the date. If things don't go well, then they don't make the target date. Basically, Allen is saying that the dates he mentions are not make of break dates.
I've seen the Terrasoft Boxer page, If the $500 was for the G3 Boxer it wasn't quite clear on their page. It looked like they were selling the G4 for $500, though the specs on the board seemed to be that of the G3. It was a fubar by Terrasoft. If they were intending to sell the G4 for $500, I don't really know, but if they were they need to do some recalculation on costs. This goof up is where the Eyetech is gouging us for $350+ for the A1XEG4 comes from. So, was Terrasoft intending to sell them for that low a price or did info just get bunged up by the time it got to the web. Removing it from their online shop seem to indicate some kind of issue. I say go to the horses mouth, not sure if you'll get an answer.
This is getting off the topic of the news item, so I strongly suggest taking it to the forums.

Offline Kurt

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2003, 06:21:02 AM »
Just take a quick sample of Mt's  posts.
the pattern is very clear alway's a comment alway's a shot.
The 499.00 price was for the G3 when they updated the site for the G4 it was left but then quickly updated as soon as it was pointed out to them.

This was also pointed out to MT the first time he mentioned it. It already had been corrected by that time.  Take alook at the false rumors and  other hate and discountent out there it  alway's points back to the same few inDUHviduals.

Don't like em, don't like thier methods.
fight like men in the open all this skulking about makes me sick.

Kurt

Offline teo

• Show only replies by teo
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2003, 09:58:41 AM »
@argo, i must agree with kurt in regards to principles, im not going to go back thru and read the posts as i dont care much for helping the flames grow hotter, but i think what he is saying is its the covert indirect comments that dont say detrimental things outright but do imply them on the sly, via the general "gist" or disposition of the post,  thats what is getting out of hand. The defence is always something like "but i didnt say that exactly" but most often it is implied, which to me means they *did* say it, but not using the words that make it obvious

Aaaanyway, like i said, im not going to read thru someones previous posts to figure them out, but if someone says something many many times with a common theme, you can pretty safely assume that if something they say seems similar without saying it directly, then its likely they are saying the same thing with different and more subtle words, but still saying it notheless.

@kurt, out in the open would be good i guess. It would be nice to know at least who the people are that need to be read with a little more caution...

Offline Ivan

• Show only replies by Ivan
    • http://www.mnsi.net/~ivan/index.html
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2003, 06:22:50 PM »
The term you guys are looking for is 'innuendo'.

Normally i wouldnt have even botherd to post but i just couldn't disagree with them on this one. Oh well, my 2c.

Ivan

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #28 from previous page: March 13, 2003, 09:26:26 PM »
im more concerned about os4...