Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many gig HD can I...  (Read 2456 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28

Re: How many gig HD can I...
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 21, 2004, 02:18:57 AM »
"With plain 3.1 FFS you can use bigger drives by patching with TD64 or NSD, check Aminet. But no fix tools except DiskMonTools and just quick format (don't remember if there is 64bit fixed format on Aminet). "

See this is what I am saying...........i know there is a way with OS 3.1, now I tried installing TD64 and NSD but im not sure they work, not even sure where to install them and how?

can I at leat take my 40 gig and make like 10 or 20 partitions  each 2gig in size?
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline Ellis

• Show only replies by Ellis
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2004, 04:34:49 AM »
Hey, I have a system somewhat like yours but I'm having problems getting PFS3 installed .Any tips?

Thank you  :-D

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2004, 04:43:16 AM »
> can I at leat take my 40 gig and make like 10 or 20 partitions each 2gig in size?

Yes, alot of people do this. Note that partitions have to be exactly 2gig in size, not just 2gig-ish. Also, if you make a workbench: with 512MB then the trailing partition have to be 1536MB, not 2048MB.

But I recommend using far less space for the workbench though. Like 128MB, or even 64MB if you don't plan to upgrade to AOS39.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2004, 04:57:17 AM »
@ellis: It's important to know that the filesystem is actually installed to the HDD partition and read by the OS when mounted. So there's a trick to it in HDToolBox. You have to add it to a list of filesystems, then edit the partition to use the filesystem, and stuff like that.

Anyway, nobody can remember how they did it the last time they did it and it's hard to explain even over the phone :-)
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Offline Castellen

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 09:24:56 AM »
@Ellis:
A while ago I wrote a step by step guide (in the form of an email) to installing PFS3 with HDtoolbox, which has helped out many people.

If anyone wants a copy send me an email or PM and I'll dig it out.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 01:15:04 PM »
Perhaps the original poster means this -
How can he set up / partition his hard drive until he gets OS3.5 installed.
I maybe wrong, but this is just my interpretation.

SO provided his boot partition isn't too large (and a boot partition of the order of GB would be a waste of space anyway), couldn't he properly partition / see the rest of the drive once he has the OS3.5 version of HDToolbox installed, and only worry about the boot partition until OS3.5 is installed? AFAIK, you can mess with the partitioning of the rest of the drive afterwards, provided you don't touch the boot partition.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
I like Amigas