Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Problems Installing External Disk Drive = DF1:????  (Read 1101 times)

Description:

Offline dannyp1Topic starter

• Show only replies by dannyp1
Problems Installing External Disk Drive = DF1:????
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
I was attempting to hook up an external low density floppy drive to one of my A3000D's today and am having some problems.  I have just one internal disk drive and it is DF0.  I changed the jumper on the motherboard to DF1.  When I plug in the external floppy drive behind the computer I get an icon on the desktop that says:  DF1:????
When I put a floppy in the external drive It comes up as  a different icon that is DF2.  Any ideas what is going on?    Dan

I got this figured out myself I think.  I think that DF1 can only be on the internal connector with DF0.  When I changed the jumper on the motherboard back to nodf1 the unwanted icon vanished.  The external drive is still there as DF2.

Offline jupo42

• Show only replies by jupo42
    • http://jupo42.livejournal.com
Re: Problems Installing External Disk Drive = DF1:????
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
I'm not terribly familiar with the A3000's motherboard, but you should not need to change jumpers when adding an external floppy. That would be for adding a second internal floppy drive.
A3000 - 030/25, Toaster, ??? - rebuild in process
2x A2000 being cannibalized and rebuilt
A1000 - Rejuvinator, AGA2000, AdSPEED/IDE, 4GB CF HD, 1MB chip, 0.5MB fast, OS3.1

Offline Amiduffer

• Show only replies by Amiduffer
    • http://www.geocities.com/laverdiereaf/
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:29:54 PM »
There's nothing wrong. That jumper is only if you use TWO internal floppy drives. Put it back on DF0:

Any external floppy drives that you use will normally show up as DF2: There's nothing wrong.
Amiga 3000D UP and running! Hear that clicking. 8)
Amiga 3000D & 4000D in storage sadly.

Offline dannyp1Topic starter

• Show only replies by dannyp1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:30:30 PM »
Thanks to both of you.  I was editing my initial post at the same time as you were leaving yours.  You are right with what you are saying!  Dan