Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EGS 28/24 Spectrum Graphics Board Probs  (Read 794 times)

Description:

Offline MishaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Misha
EGS 28/24 Spectrum Graphics Board Probs
« on: December 21, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
Hi Amigan`s

I`m new here so please forgive me if i make a few mistakes in my post.
Merry Amiga Christmas to you all.

I have an A1200T/Apollo 040/64mb/EGS 28/24 Spectrum Graphics Board/OS 3.9 all runnung on a Hewlett Packard HP72 CRT Monitor

Now when i put everything together and fired up the system i noticed that i get weird Diagonal lines going across my Workbench,colours are non existant except for a bluish grey colour and a greenish colour in some of the icons. I`ve checked the system over 3 times now! please bare in mind that i`m running my system on a One Monitor System so i have a pass thru cable between the RGB Port & EGS IN and the monitor cable goes to the EGS out port,but i can`t find where the problem is so i`m asking for anyone`s help.

The other problem i have is not knowing what Monitor file to add to my Devs folder! i`ve tried DBLPal but all i get with that after a reset is " Out Of Range" 48kHz HSync 60Hz or 72Hz Vsync (Can`t Remember which) from the monitor display the only one that does seem to work is VGA Only but that doesn`t solve my display problem. I hope you nice guys can help me out with my little problems and thankyou in advance to all your future efforts.

Merry Christmas One and All

Misha

Offline Tenacious

• Show only replies by Tenacious
Re: EGS 28/24 Spectrum Graphics Board Probs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
What RTG system (Picasso96, EGS, etc) are you running?

Offline MishaTopic starter

• Show only replies by Misha
Re: EGS 28/24 Spectrum Graphics Board Probs
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »

Tenacious wrote:
What RTG system (Picasso96, EGS, etc) are you running?

EGS,you know how when one of the cables break inside your monitor lead and you only get 2 of the 3 colours showing well that is exactly how it appears on the screen apart from the strange lines. i`ve tried multisync in my devs
draw and that seems ok but doesn`t sort the problem.

EDIT: In the last post i was mean`t to say i have pass thru cable from my scan doubler to EGS in and monitor cable to EGS out (Sorry for the confusion!)