Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: why are people asking for a port to PS3?  (Read 2612 times)

Description:

Offline a1200

Re: why are people asking for a port to PS3?
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 11, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »
PLEASE NO! Not on amiga.org as well! I think I will ban word PS3 on 3cag.net in case it makes it to there too.
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 05:50:52 PM »
@Homer

Starke went to Doomy's forum and it's best if he stayed there I guess or we would lose Piru's software again. :-D
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »

Offline humppa

• Show only replies by humppa
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »
PLEASE NO! Not on amiga.org as well! I think I will ban word PS3 on 3cag.net in case it makes it to there too.

Well... at least Mike Bouma hasn't joined the discussion yet.  :lol:

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 06:04:58 PM »

a1200 wrote:

I have yet to figure out why all the new amiga kids have forum fear aphobia on certain topics.  Is it using the A600 too long maybe?   At least if a port was done, there would actually be hardware for OS4, its a much more interesting topic then a 20th Samantha is really really close to being a real embedded board, because Sam as an embedded board isnt that interesting, its only interesting if they actually ship it and they ship it with OS4.
   -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 03:45:00 AM »
I think the intention with OS4 + PS3 was that "what if Sony had used OS4 as their proprietry OS for the PS3"

The thing is on a PS3 + Linux you can do quite a lot, it's a pretty much full blown computer if you add the keyboard and mouse. But OS4 is a lot more efficient in the limited memory and graphic hardware direct access hence the proposal. You can run open office, surf the web, download and watch/listen to movies/music. And obviously play PS3 games (which look better than pretty much all PC games running on 3 figure PCs). So what else do people do with PCs that this setup can't do????

In my opinion, the PS3 OS doesn't have to be Linux or any other recognised OS out today to the general public, it's not like people buying a PS3 will go "oh man that thing won't run XP/OSX/Linux" haha they don't give a crap they want a responsive and reliable environment running efficiently on the available hardware. And hell if it did happen, maybe it would allow people to write games for it a la 80s bedroom coders of the 8bit era? Let's face it Sony needs a good answer to XBOX Live Arcade really aswell.

But it will never happen so it's kind of a non-starter of an argument really no? But well let's face it why would it be a bad thing? Who cares about Linux in the free market of consumers with money to spend, all people want is the best possible solution and of course it's 1 LESS choice for a piece of hardware with a decent OS you can go in the shops and buy ready to use  :-(

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 04:55:15 AM »
OS4 and MOS currently exist.. if anyone wanted to make money (businesses) they would have written some apps for it by now.  Hasnt happened (or very very little)..it goes to show what little interest either has drawn.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143