Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: donate older equipment  (Read 1144 times)

Description:

Offline plum2006Topic starter

• Show only replies by plum2006
donate older equipment
« on: December 25, 2005, 09:53:08 PM »
HI: I have a toaster flyer 4.2 I also have alot of miscellaneous video equipment that I'm going to go over with my computer tech, so that I can describe accurately what condition it is in and what's working and what's not. I'd like to donate this to a school or organization that could really use it. I'm holding onto my digital camera
( dockable DSR 1 with a DXC 327A analog camera head.) I'd like to see it go to some organization that has a service tech that can fix some of the equipment that requires it. Any suggestions as to a school or organization that I can contact would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone tell me whether the Tricaster can be used for mainly post-production editing or would the new VT4 be more suitable? Also since my camera has only bnc composite and S-VHS outputs, is there a reasonbly priced analog to digital convertor that i can use " in-line" from the camera to the newer firewire inputs?
thanks, Walt
Walt

Offline X-ray

• Show only replies by X-ray
Re: donate older equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 10:30:57 PM »
If you make a list of the items, and state whether they are working or not/don't know, then people may buy some of that equipment. You may have some rare or difficult to find items there that will be worth a nice amount. Can you make a list of all the boards you have for us?

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
Re: donate older equipment
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 10:57:17 PM »
plum2006 wrote:
is there a reasonbly priced analog to digital convertor that i can use " in-line" from the camera to the newer firewire inputs?
You'd need a video bridge device, usually starting at ~$160.