Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga One or Pegasos?  (Read 9233 times)

Description:

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show all replies
    • http://none
Re: Amiga One or Pegasos?
« on: March 06, 2003, 02:50:45 PM »
AmigaOne!!!

I ordered the AmigaOne G4-XE. Probably will take some time but OS 4 also.

I don't mind though. It's gonna be great when it all is ready.  ;-)
BlizzardPPC powered!!
AmigaOne-XE G3 800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 8500, OS4

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 04:18:43 PM »
As far as corporate prospects are concerned, if you're concerned about future stability, Genesi is certainly in much better shape than Amiga, Inc. and Hyperion. They have income sources in other industries (airline security, as I understand it), and their product line looks like it could be pretty diverse. Watching how Bill Buck has money to throw at promotion and so on, it's hard to argue on this one.

Is that so! Amiga also have income outside the Amiga industry. So do Hyperion! When the AmigaOne and OS 4 are ready in quantities we don't need advertising. The WORD is enough to jump start a chain reaction in news sites.

It's interesting that a lot of Amigans, who generally think of themselves as independent thinkers, are now putting down these other "rebels" who've started up their own thing without the official blessing. I don't see much free thinking when people are definite about a product choice when they haven't even had their hands on either option.

It's just like you said. History! And the fact is that history proves Hyperion delivers. These are NOT stupid people. Not only that; there are 30 of the best programmers working on the AmigaOS. They all know what we like in the AmigaOS.
We all like what VisualPrefs can do so something like it is implemented (well, there are always a few that don't).

We must keep in perspective here. Hyperion started working on OS 4 much later then those people on MorphOS so it would have been a miracle if these guys were ready on the same time.

Hyperion also won't sell anything untill it is sufficiently stable. There will always be bugs and quirks! You will only iron out most of those if your working on CMM level 5. Then you need 500 programmers and 5 years to bring out OS 4.
BlizzardPPC powered!!

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 07:50:18 PM »
We are down to the same old useless discussion here again!

People from one side have problems with people on the other side whilst they are guilty of the exact same thing.

But here are a couple of my two cents.

OS 4 couldn't be possibly as far as MorphOS because Hyperion started work much later on OS 4 than work started on MorphOS.
So yes MorphOS is allready available! That's logical if you look at the time frame.

Hyperion also have never failed to produce.
They also do this at great personal risk so they will not let this fail. That's way the big honcho at Hyperion was so smart to setup a contract wherein all OS 4 stuff would be transferred to them if something went wrong with AInc.
BlizzardPPC powered!!

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 08:52:14 PM »
Because they made Amiga hardware.

AFAIK

They went bankrupt on the Mac side of their business. Two accelerators for the Mac took a long time to be cleared by Apple.
Considerable time and money went into those products and when no money was made, it was over.
BlizzardPPC powered!!

Offline PulsatingQuasar

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 08:40:38 PM »
Am I like the Oracle, or what?
I can't believe it. When we had no machines we moaned. Now we've got options to choose from we're still moaning...

Hehehe.. yeah. Thats human nature for ya!

A lack of logical and normal thinking. I submit two new terms.

Spockification: the process (taking quite a number of years I might add) whereby the insane human thought process is morphified into logical sane based thinking.

Spockified: the completion of that process. This means you have mastered logical and sane based thinking.

Succesfull progrnose: 1 per 1000.  :-P  :-P

Regards,
Remco Komduur
BlizzardPPC powered!!