Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA:my side of the story!  (Read 8394 times)

Description:

Offline Master ChiefTopic starter

• Show all replies
Commodore USA:my side of the story!
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
Hi, my name is master chief. This is my first post and I would like to tell my side of the C=USA story.So my story begins in the summer of 2010. I grew fond of the C=/Amiga because I find great joy in playing with old software/hardware. I was searching to see if there was any new amiga hardware/software, when I stumbled upon Hyperion ,A-eon ,Acube ,and C=USA.
I read for hours about the companies and I found C=USA to be very interesting, considering they were going to use Aros to make a new amiga workbench. I was also very pleased to hear that somebody was going to try to bring amiga back into the mainstream market; but I slowly grew to dislike them over time. A little later I read that they had actually switched the os they were going to build upon to linux; but I actually found they did nothing to linux but add amiga forever 2012, C= forever 2012, and add a skin to linux which looks like s**t to me. Looking back, I was stupid for liking C=USA and their products. I mean, I liked them so much that I was even going to buy one of there c64x computers. Looking back at that, all they done to the best selling computer in the world was turn it into a pc with a pretty box and add an x onto the legendary c64 name.I would like to talk about there ceo barry altman while I am at it. I went to there forum to post my opinion of C=USA because they encourage people to post there opinions on there forum; but I soon realized that they only wanted the good opinions not the bad ones.  I realize that companies would rather have good opinions of there products, they do not have to be so rude to there possible customers and while I realize this is a C=USA post I would also like to say if someone affiliated with hyperion reads this i support hyperion and it's affiliates to the fullest and I wish hyperion good luck.

Offline Master ChiefTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA:my side of the story!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
Quote from: kedawa;676600
You're not the only one around here that's disappointed with what CUSA has done with the brand.
Personally, I'm happy sticking with classic hardware and clones, but if someone really wants to take the brand back into the mainstream, tossing an x86 linux box into a fancy case is not the way to do it.
As for the name and AV, I see no reason why an Amiga user should dislike Bungie or Halo.
Besides, we need a hero!

Thanks, I'm glad someone agrees.