Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The MorphOS lust may soon be over...  (Read 6175 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: The MorphOS lust may soon be over...
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;759493
Would have been nice to know that. A few youtube videos and web pages mention it as the first thing you should install after morphos.

I guess it was good at some point... But currently, it total screws up the latest morphOS fresh installaion.

Other first impressions... When you install icaros, you have lots of programs,
lots of software to do most things.

MorphOS is really barren in comparison. My first suggestion to the MorphOS team is include more apps. This is really light on software. Maybe thats good so you can build your own system, but to a new morphos user, its not encouraging.

Aren't there lots of morphos games, productivity apps and more? Why not just
include them on the install?

Tomorrow I will reformat the partition and reinstall to fix the chrystalis virus.

:)

After that I'm going to try and install a few things, like milkytracker and also
test how well or not well this runs classic games, demos and apps. So far my experience has not been positive. I hope tomorrow finds me liking this more...

Steven

Don't install Chrysalis, just mount it's ISO image and drag and drop the apps and games you want to your work: partition.

Personally I advise using PFS3 for work: as it's nice and fast and doesn't feck up as easily as SFS.

Install Grunch too and add it to wbstartup so it will automatically update anything you have installed.

Create a custom screen for Odyssey too and disable Enhanced Display for that screen as it makes browsing a bit snappier.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:54:32 PM by nicholas »
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;759487
Wierd but youtube videos do not play... Just kind of hangs, few minute wait and video still does not start... Thats a big dissapointment because that was one thing I hate about AROS...

Anyone know why or is there some settings I need to tweak?

Install the OWB scripts with Grunch then enable them in Odyssey with the script manager.

Job done.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
Quote from: Kronos;759510
If you plan to use Grunch for updating it might also make sense to use it for actual isntalling.

This way you make sure that you won't miss any needed configuration files orv external libraries/classes (Grunch will check and autoinstall those too).

Good point though there are a couple of nice things on the Chrysalis ISO that aren't available in Grunch.  Not many but there are some.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;759528
Hey,

Good news my lust is over too. I bought a laptop for MorphOS as well. It just 80 bucks. Now...where can one register for the latest version.

You can get the latest ISO image from http://morphos.de

To register it run the RegTool program from SYS:Tools

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;759774
Or via AmigaForever (which is cheaper).

Or install FS-UAE/WinUAE then search Google for the following file which is even cheaper. :)

Amiga_Kickstart_Roms-Complete-TOSEC_v0.04.7z

Every time someone buys Amiga Forever it puts money in the pockets of the shysters at Amiga Inc.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:51:03 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;759779
or use Aros Vision with FS-UAE or WinUAE that is even free :-)

:)