Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Ballmer? - Bye!  (Read 4667 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Steve Ballmer? - Bye!
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
Quote from: bbond007;746068
this one is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk

all these features and Reversi!

OMG what a tool! (Him not the product)

Is TV advertising seriously like this in the US?  Does it work? I mean actual real people see stuff like that and then part with their money for advertised product?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:42:32 AM »
Quote from: MicroStrand;746167
I'm sorry to say that, but in the mid 70's had this people absolutely no impact on the software industry. The dominant company at this time was Digital Equipment Corporation and the think tank Bell Labs. The real drama started in the year 1980 with IBM's "Project Chess".

Fixed that for you. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
Quote from: MicroStrand;746170
Wrong! They had no name in the microcomputer business, only for mainframes and minis and that's not the topic here. ;)

I know, that's why I winked. :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;746176
It's simple: everybody was completely insane in the '80s.

(Even then, nobody actually bought Windows 1.0.)

It's actually a very good thing that no one bought it, because anyone who would purchase a product with that sort of advertising should be locked up in a psych-ward for their own protection! lol