Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows fudges it again  (Read 6157 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Windows fudges it again
« on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;594727
Don't worry, I expect we'll have wiped ourselves out with an all-out global thermonuclear war and concurrent release of doomsday biological / chemical agents long before any of that happens.

In spite of which, life itself will go on. In the glacial, radioactive wasteland that ensue, deinococcus radiodurans will almost certainly live on along with a range of other unusually hardy organisms. After the dirt laden skies eventually clear, photosynthesis will pick up again. At least in those organisms that can withstand the new UV rich daylight. And in the hundreds of millions of years it takes sapient life to develop, you, I and the rest of the complex life that once inhabited the planet should have formed a nice new hydrocarbon resource for them to wipe themselves out over too...

On the last day nothing will survive.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

Re: Windows fudges it again
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »
Quote from: psxphill;595050
Fast processors are so cheap that nobody bothers to write highly optimised code these days.

Speak for yourself!
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini