Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS.net gets a face lift  (Read 4846 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOS.net gets a face lift
« on: March 26, 2011, 12:01:11 AM »
Quote from: djrikki;624681
* Sorry, but we will not accept shell programs as they are clearly not applications in the modern sense.

While the site new look is neat it's pretty slow at drawing the pages on my Safari browser here (is  it only running on chipmem)... :)

PS:who suddenly decided and made the ruling that a shell app is no longer classed as an application ???

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 03:27:31 AM »
Quote from: Khephren;624738
Very nice,very profesional. But you still have not specified it's OS4 only. And you aught to! Otherwise you get OS3 die hards like Franko showing their mugs (ok, and me...~OS 3 all the way baby!)

He's way too late for that the minute I saw the word AmigaOS, I was here like a shot thinking it was about the real Amiga OS... :)

Still it is a very nicely done site so I wasn't too harsh on him... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
A shell program/utility IS AN APPLICATION, just cos a piece of software doesn't have GUI and you actually have to type to use it, then that doesn't relegate it to the realms of obscurity and it suddenly no longer becomes an app... :(

Methinks some folk these days are either becoming too lazy or dumb to use a computer unless everything they do has to be done with a mouse click... gawd... :(