Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Android really is the new Windows  (Read 2122 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Android really is the new Windows
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »
Quote from: Megamig;715083
Am I the only one that feels that Windows 8 is a lot like Windows ME?

Funnily this is how I described it to my friend. It tries too much and lacks any sort of focus or direction. it's useless as desktop OS unless you have a trackpad or touchscreen computer. And the computers I have tried that have touchscreen funcionality it was still twitchy. And the whole desktop isn't really a desktop but an app to run "legacy" software is a ball ache.

Once valve work out the best way of getting games working in Linux then I can imagine lots of people dropping windows and making the switch. My Sabayon install is super speedy and rock solid stable. Same can't be said about Windows 8 in my experience with it.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »
I have heard of that and I was using ICS on a samsung galaxy ace with it. Very handy. I think what was been mentioned was the lack of any kind of rolling release by the hardware vendors. Community led distributions will continue to thrive while hardware vendors, especially at the cheap end of the Android market, will dump their distributions wihtout a moments notice.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:59:48 AM by CritAnime »

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
Thats where their version of the app store kicks in. People will have to buy things through their store in order to get the functionality they need. It's called the Apple Cock Move. Basically they sell you a shiny device that they claim will do everything you need but in reality only does this once you spend hundreds of pounds on software you can get for free on a normal Windows 7, Linux PC.

Apple and Google have been doing this a while now. Microsoft have only just caught up. Thats the fuuny bit.