Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A stand.  (Read 6790 times)

Description:

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: A stand.
« on: August 31, 2004, 08:14:30 PM »
While I can't comment on the situation with Paul Gadd, the whole thing with DoomMaster/BoingBoss ... well, good riddance to bad baggage.

When he was spouting nonsense like "Military grade CPU" and such tripe, he was funny.  When he started ripping off users (see the Picasso II memory thread) and arrogantly taking a "so what!" attitude, he pretty much signed his own warrant.  

Furthermore, I say "liberal shmiberal".  It's your webpage, Wayne, nobody elses.  You have the final say on who posts and who doesn't, and I for one am glad you pulled the trigger on that jerk.  I'dve had the cops at his house after the whole "I'm going to bring down Amiga.org with DDOS attacks" nonsense from his first time around but I reckon you're a bit more patient and forgiving than I...

It is a shame those original DoomMaster threads are gone, as are the BoingBoss threads as you can't hold them up as an example of how NOT to behave here.  I think we've all had a smeg-up or two (to borrow from the Brits.) of one kind or another 'round these parts.  But I don't think any of us has ever flat out stated "I rip people off, so what." and "I'm gonna attack a.org if you don't do exactly what I want." even in jest.

If he comes back, Wayne, notify his ISP.  Surely he can't be that hard to track down via IP address - although anonymizers are out there...

Oh, I sincerely wish you had all those old threads.

Well, at any rate, good call and I'm glad he's gone.  I'd rather see every other thread on A.Org degenerate into a Pegasus-v-Aone flamewar than ever see a single (new) post by him again (almost).

Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: A stand.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 12:07:27 AM »

x56h34 wrote:
Let's not forget the South Park Doomy too. :-)

I had no idea Doomy was Canadian!  Blame Canada!

(image edited out at Wayne's request)
Back away from the EU-SSR!