Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new amiga tablets running andoid os...  (Read 9093 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: new amiga tablets running andoid os...
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:17:45 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;629774
I love this bit:
How about "donating" $50 to all the "coupon" holders out there who are still waiting?  I hope those charities get more than an I.O.U.

Still, now that Amiga Inc have some money, it might be time for a class action lawsuit to recover the $50 and $200 amounts owning to previous customers.

I would +1 but you are forgetting a few things. The original "Amiga Inc" by Sheeplord and McBill is long, long gone. There was a little shell game with IP shuffle that went on. The "Amino" era Amiga Inc is history and I bet certain people out there would like it to remain history. I do seem to remember a brief resurrection during the Amiga Inc/Hyperion legal cat fight.

Anyhow the current Amiga Inc, however legal the forming which I will reserve judgement, has no obligation to the coupon and other sca^h^h^h promotions.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629800
You can shuffle rights and names, but you can't shuffle blame

Tell them that. Morally I agree, but I seem to remember Amiga Inc during the era of fake^h^h^h^h CEO Garry Hare mentioning that Amiga Inc was a totally different company and had no obligations to past debts.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629813
There's a site out there that outlines in a lot of detail all the maneuverings from that era. Its sort of interesting, if you have a rainy afternoon to spend.

I've read the site, it lays things out pretty well. There is not much that I didn't already know, but the author really put effort into compiling the info. Most of it seems accurate.

This brings up a question. Where you around during the Garry Harre episode? Thinking back *WOW* what a sh**-storm that started! Come to think of it that explosion was larger this this one, so far.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629820
It was within the last couple of years that I realized just what had transpired, and my mind was formally blown :)

This is not an insult, I say this because many people take it as an insult.

If you weren't there, you really won't get it. The Kommunity has always fed on itself. Things get really, really nasty at times. People you thought were your friends for years all of a sudden claim you are a paid shill and wish death on your family. Eventually after much scorched earth, a group of users stage an exodus and everything pretty much returns to normal.

Now is probably no different. The true rage is probably yet to come, then a staged exodus by a small group of people. Eventually the fires will die and everyone left will rebuild.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »
Quote from: number6;629913
Regarding the above, in the words of Barry:
"There are no other licensees."
and
"pssssst.....poof!"

source

I was shown info that would back this up.