Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc sues Hyperion VOF for trademark infringement  (Read 12106 times)

Description:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga Inc sues Hyperion VOF for trademark infringement
« on: April 30, 2007, 12:46:33 PM »
Ok.. so now they finally have HyperionOS4 ... it's been long time coming, but IMHO this settles it.

Me? .. I need   :lotsacoffee:  and  :popcorn:

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 01:34:53 PM »
Argus:  "Competent" ??? Who??? Seriously  :-P

This discussion only makes me wonder how those battle lines will be from this day on.. HyperionOS followers VS Amiga Name team ...

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »
Hmm. I had hoped a bit better stuff..

Edit: yes.. I was refering to Hyperion's reply. Ah well, they have some time before they have to explain themselves to USA court so there's hope they get their defence in order ..

I'm not saying that people should ever forget those stupid (not to mention highly questionable) things AmigaInc did (partypack, ClubAmiga etc) but I fail to see their importance on this case concernign OS4 and Amiga trademarks+IP. Unless of course they were mentioned by hyperion in a sole purpose of getting some sympathy votes.

My reply to that: Hypeiron.. If you indeed *were* aware of these AmigaInc's projects, you should have warned people *IN TIME*, it does not make much good to talk about them now, five years after you (alongside Eyetech and various AInc followers) were covering up the mess..

Offline JoannaK

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 01:04:51 AM »
Clause 2.07 would require some solid proof and (IANAL) lawcase initiated by Hyperion for it to become legally binding. And even then, I'd expect bankruptcy lawers (or ainc shareowners) to be able to put Ainc's property/ip into sale. And I seriously doubt hat Hyperion would be the highest bidder.

Besides,. If that had happened, it should have happened years ago (when Amiga inc had cash problems), and it never did.