Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Every little thing she does...  (Read 15138 times)

Description:

Offline N7VQM

• Show all replies
Re: Every little thing she does...
« on: December 30, 2002, 09:08:49 PM »

Ami603 wrote:
1-. My Amiga Machine can be Booted & shutdown also in less than half of your boot time ;)

Must be nice.  It takes my A3k more than a minute to even start booting. :-o
\\"...an error of 1 is much less significant in counting the population of the Earth than in counting the occupants of a phone booth.\\" - Michael T. Heath, Scientific Computing...

Offline N7VQM

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 01:45:20 AM »

cycloid wrote:
my point about the boot time was a PC thing, yeah

My PC's have reasonable boot-up and log on times, to me atleast.  However, my Win2k machines rarely ever get (re)booted and, when they do, I tend to push the button, leave the room and forget I was planning to use the computer for something.

My Dad's PC OTOH, takes forever to boot!  I built it this past weekend (Athlon 2000+, ect.) and the Win2k install was FAST.  In 15 minutes, I had that puppy up and running, fully installed.  But, reboot it and it sits at the Win2k splash screen for about 90 seconds.
\\"...an error of 1 is much less significant in counting the population of the Earth than in counting the occupants of a phone booth.\\" - Michael T. Heath, Scientific Computing...

Offline N7VQM

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 01:48:09 AM »

Billsey wrote:
Did your cat slap you after you did that to it? :lol:

Minnie did that all on her own.  I was deciding on a tie to wear to an interview, and she stuck her head into the one I was holding.  It struck me as amusing, so I took a picture. 8-)