Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello from Australia  (Read 17096 times)

Description:

Offline lunithyTopic starter

• Show all replies
Hello from Australia
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
Hey all have been lurking around for a while and thought it was time to say G'day :)
Had my first Amiga500 back in 86 was such a step up from 64 and 128 or the apples at school :python:
I still have about 3 500's and a 2000HD that works but that HD sing's a bit so if anyone could direct me to the relevant thread with info on keeping a 2000 going would be appreciated.
I'll post up some pics in the gallery of my old Amiga,s now that I have a place to set them up .
I,m known online as lunithy as that's the name I used in Power monger don't know why?.
Great site .....so much info I,m lost he he.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:19:05 PM by lunithy »

• Show all replies
Re: Hello from Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »
Thanks guys .."Can I borrow your time machine" LOL It was to long ago to remember I was like :confused: 86 or 87 derp I do remember it was a 1.2
bloody dyslexic convicts hey Franko :lol:  and I would have to say I,m not a fan of ACAR and Who would I like to stab most, andy farrell or gareth powell? Dunno, Thanks for the links and help will get on with some pics today and info on the 2000,s hardware and rom.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:14 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;642044
Hiya (and welcome)

Which state are you in?
NSW northern rivers

• Show all replies
Re: Hello from auatralia
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
It is hard to describe it makes a high pitch singing that fades in and out a bit with no key bored it got chucked out apparently:angry:  or monitor just used a tv with mono for black and wight to check it booted up I have never used it long,The 2000 is in bits at the moment as I was trying to source another drive with no luck.
I put some pics up in the gallery of HD controller board I think I know the 500 way better:confused: but the 2000 has me intrigued,
Thanks again for the greets things are looking up already:afro:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:51:13 AM by lunithy »

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;642163
I tried looking for your pics in under your name and it says there are none!  Did you post them on A.ORG (the lazy way to say Amiga.ORG ;) ) or on another site?

OH!  And if Cammy is in your neighborhood, you are set for life!  She is an avid Amigan, game maker extraordinare and an all around good person too. :D
I put some pics up in the gallery

and yes I,m going to need some help to get this A2000 up and running.

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »
Quote from: yakumo9275;642295
Call yourself australian and yet dont want to stab either Andy Farrell or Gareth Powell?

Sounds like your a kiwi with dreams of being an aussie!
:roflmao:I have allot of Warhawk PSN buddies that are kiwis that would find that hilarious... I was born in Darwin.

Cammy I will remove that bugger asap and the  A2091 has all it's ram
slots full from what I can tell also I have a few 520 adapters that came with 500's  will they help?

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
Yep Gertsy that bat is gone now and so is the HD as it seems to have been misplaced by a friend who was trying to find another :angry: .... that HD you have may come in handy so thanks you very much for that offer pm me what you think you'd wont for it, I would like to get it going and then move on to improvement's later to get an appreciation of the difference :o .

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
Quote from: robotics;645162
Hi there,

I am a new Amiga User, too! I owned an Amiga 500 and 2000 in the past.
My new SAM460 should arrive within this week :)

Are there any important things I need to know when I set up my new amiga? It is a long time ago since I used AmigaOS. Recommendations in Software are welcome too... :)

Are there any AOS4 Users from Switzerland?
Hey there robotics welcome from a new user :) I would re post this as a new thread and I think you'll find people will give the info your after and you will get a taste of the unique personality's :rofl:  so far for me it's been awesome :afro:

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 03:20:20 AM »
Yo! pm sent DonutKingand one of the money pits.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:28:22 AM by lunithy »