Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Timberwolf Progress Update  (Read 21312 times)

Description:

Offline Fairdinkem

Re: Timberwolf Progress Update
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
Has anyone bothered to contact Hyperion to see if they will allow Timberwolf to be ported to there chosen platform? There seems to be allot of speculation being tossed around as if they won't release it?

The bounty license says that they have to forfeit the source code if they do not show active development or release a new version after initial release within a 12 month time frame.

In other words as long as TIMBERWOLF is being developed.... i.e. TIMBERWOLF on AmigaOS, TIMBERWOLF on AROS etc etc etc.

Just my two cents worth.

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;653569
Timberwolf on MorphOS would be completely redundant.

And as soon as Odyssey is ported to OS4, timberwolf will be redundant there as well...

:)

Wow REDUNDANT..... thats a big call.... Don't get me wrong I am a MorphOS user and I think OWB from FAB is excellent as there was need of a decent modern browser due to the lack of development of traditional Amiga browsers i.e. iBrowse etc. OWB fills in the gap but it certainly is not a solution to the need for a full fledged completely modern and fully capable internet browser on all Amiga platforms (AmigaOS, AROS, MorphOS etc) in my humble opinion, despite how awesome Fabs work has been. I instigated a thread on AMIGAWORLD calling for the development of OWB for AmigaOS or the port of Fabs OWB because Joerg had dropped the ball with regards to developing OWB beyond it's current state, and Timberwolf looked to be not eventuating any time soon. I totally welcome and applaud Kas1e, Fab and the team for porting OWB to AmigaOS and I will use it but when Timberwolf arrives it will be hard not to choose it with all it's functionality and compatibility with certain sites that I frequent that OWB does not support plus the plugin features are so powerful.

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »
Quote from: jorkany;653566
Timberwolf is not a Hyperion project.

Frieden brothers what ever.....