Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS for the X1000  (Read 9587 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: OS for the X1000
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;653078
There is nothing awesome about this, the thing failed on planning/design stage already (that performance to that price), and actually pushing it through to a real PCB is nothing but moronic. It won't do anything at all for Amiga. It won't even do anything at all for OS4 either, other than showing the world that *if this* was what they had to offer, then there is no serious plan for OS4, no sustainable future, etc, and the people behind the OS4 project are sitting in a stasis field with tin-foil hats to shield them off from the reality the rest of the world lives in.

I disagree. I don't think the X1000 was aimed at revolutionizing the Amiga platform i think it is aimed at a select few people who want one to support their favorite hobby. If i bought one of these it would be because i find it interesting and not for just work purposes. Trevor himself stated a long time ago in an interview that the Amiga was nothing more than a hobbiest platform. Also i think people are willing to spend more if it is something they are interested in such as a hobby as opposed to something they don't give a crap about.  

As for it being a 'failure' that is a matter of opinion. With a guaranteed sales of 100% for all boards being made i would definitely call that a success. For it's intended purpose they have done everything right. I think maybe these problems they are having might actually increase their value over time. I mean, who want to collect something that was easy to make?

I predict the X1000 in ten years time after being released (if they are) will become highly desirable to collectors looking for something classy and exotic. The X1000 is exotic and i think it's a shame all you see is the performance.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;653294
I use Amithlon, but I do dislike the fact it feels nothing like a classic amiga, I have since demoed a Micro A1, which I was impressed with, a Sam440, which, while neat was disappointing in responsiveness.

I Await the X1k, and I will consider buying one, If I seriously have the money. If not the Sam 460 looks like a cool option.

:confused:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;653298
X1000. K stands for kilo, or 1000, as in kilogram or kilometer :)

HAHA! i know! I was just wondering why X1000 is so hard to type  ;)