Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Linux community told to 'get real'  (Read 3468 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Linux community told to 'get real'
« on: August 29, 2003, 07:04:36 PM »
Why even bothering to reply to the BBC.  They have their own agenda, regardless of the truth of the matter.  Is the BBC corporation still financially supported by British tax dollars, btw?

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: Linux community told to 'get real'
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 07:27:15 PM »
by KennyR on 2003/8/29 14:09:17

Experience shows the BBC have no agenda - and that's because they're supported by the taxpayer. They have no reason to lie because no lie would be profitable anyway, unlike private owned news agencies like Fox and CNN.

It's quiet evident that the BBC has agendas, else they would not have been kicked off atleast one HMS ship during Operation Iraqi Freedom because of their bias reporting that annoyed that ship's crew.  Wasn't the BBC the ones who orginally said that the now dead WMD expert wasn't their only source but in fact, was?

As for tax supported corporations not having agendas, I will point to the US' PBS as a prime example on how bias a tax funded organization can be.  Check out Media Research Center for their watch on PBS and other left tilted networks.  The dirty little secret with publically funded media corporations is that they back the political isle that will increase spending on those tax payier funded corporations.

As far as their coverage of Linux vs SCO, who cares?  This is not a battle of public opinion but a court battle between different corporations.  SCO wants IBM to buy them out, IBM has other ideas on the situation.  

And speaking of SCO, latest /. article is here

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.