Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vampire 600 boards for the Amiga 600 on the way  (Read 8150 times)

Description:

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
Re: Vampire 600 boards on the way
« on: September 07, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
Hi :)
If we are lucky nothing will work :)

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
Re: Vampire 600 boards for the Amiga 600 on the way
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
@Iggylike I said before that soldering technique is so controversial and I suspected that people will start talking about that on forums. But, for the devices that are not made for human soldering is is the only fast and safe way. After following everything showed on video please use flux and wick with soldering iron and after that use hot air to remove any resin or bad solder joints. Final result is much like professional soldering done by machine and everyone will notice that when they receive their boards. There are also other solutions for soldering QFP FPGA device but this one gives me best results. It is easier to solder BGA than QFP package. For BGA you only need proper alignment, flux and oven.

For those who didn't see this here is a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlWlGiPaog

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:28 AM »
What can I say than there is no single problem is soldering like this. FPGA is not overheated and soldering job looks like machine did it. If someone decide to cancel pre-order less work for me and more regret for someone later :) To tell you the truth I m not so happy because so much orders. I have boards soldered like this for testing purpose who are in working order for past 2 years. Basically this type of FPGA is hard to destroy if he can be detected with JTAG connection it works. After soldering detailed testing procedure taking place in 3 stages. One for testing signals from original CPU just like regular Logic Analyzer, one for testing Amiga bus with fake CPU, more complex one have 3 CPU's inside for testing memory with LFSR.

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
We can say that Apollo was build from the knowledge learned in Natami project. Also FPU is done long time ago but I m not so shore will it fit in Vampire 600 board but for other Amigas we will have it for shore. My goal is that we have basic version for A600 because lack of AGA. Maybe there will be some coldfire instructions also but in month or two we will know where we stand.