Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vampire 600 & FPGA accelleration  (Read 1149 times)

Description:

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
Re: Vampire 600 & FPGA accelleration
« on: August 22, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
Hi :)
Yes last few days I was browsing the web normally. Loading most of the things I use on windows and all of this gives me some conclusions. Lot of things can be done inside FPGA, lot of components are opensourced already,3D accelerators and bunch of other stuff and maybe they can be implemented also. So at the end we only need video output from FPGA, but that is something I won't do for now because I m aiming to much higher performance regarding CPU. At the end all of this shouldn't be so important because we will have CPU capable of much higher performance. Most of the  limitations from slow amiga bus can be simply removed by loading most of the things from internal ROM or MicroSD card.

Offline majsta

• Show all replies
Re: Vampire 600 & FPGA accelleration
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:27:51 PM »
@matthey yes TG68 can give more performance, today i was trying to run complete design at 160MHz and I was close to get it working. On 158MHz I calculated that I should get about 10Mips but it seems to me that TG68 was just something for the start. You know something, I know something is going on let's surprise everyone :) Let's say TG68 is not going to be used anymore :)