Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga site?  (Read 4572 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show all replies
Re: New Amiga site?
« on: October 05, 2004, 04:25:49 PM »

Cyberus wrote:
Its just a shame the two political 'sides' seem to dominate the CH. I wish there was more humour, more discussion of music and film, life, love and literatrure :-)
Essentially, I wish it was a little more diverse.
[Note to self - post threads about more diverse subjects]
yeah, I know, Cyberus. But I think ppl here on Aorg are way too different (but politics concerns us all). I posted sometimes about movies or music in the entertainment ch (*sigh* I need to read more) but hardly anyone seemed to be interested (except from the political side of these things :-()
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show all replies
Re: New Amiga site?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 04:40:55 PM »

bloodline wrote:

1. Say fair enough, it's been fun... lets get a real hobby and say good bye.

Never.

2. Stay together as a community and get involved in community projects to keep our little vision of the computing world alive... if nothing more than as a reminder to those in the future of how things were, and how they could have been. For me the Modern PC with it's GPUs (for graphics), DSPs (for sound), high performance CPUs and cheap, easy expansion abilites embody all which the original Amiga designers wanted from computer hardware all that hardware needs is an OS which continues the Amiga tradition.
[/quote]no it does not. Where the Amiga was a new and revolutionary idea, these computers stick with that 10-20yo idea. Plus it sticks with a notoriously old and bad technique, and expands it. Every software/hardware designer knows it's stupid to expand original designs, and if you want more you need to re-design stuff completely if you want to do it properly.
The pc is and a cripple machine, no matter how much they expand it, and it costs a lot of time for me if someone I know has bought a new computer and wants things installed on it or so.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'